New Dabian install help needed.

More
11 Apr 2015 21:52 #57685 by cwebs
I am updating my cnc computer witch is using 8.04. I have a newer computer that I have installed Dabian. I have had a frustrating time so far. It took two downloads and burns to DVD before I got a good working disk. I installed Dabian on new computer and the programs start and runs fine BUT I can't get it to connect to my WIFI. I don't know how and I couldn't find where to have it look for WIFI connections. Also This computer will only be used to run LinuxCNC. Not on line except to look for updates. How do I make it come on with out logging in at turn on? Please remember, I am an idiot with linux code. Carl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2015 00:47 #57690 by BigJohnT
Auto login depends on the desktop manager. Do a google search on debian wheezy auto login desktop manager name.

JT

More
12 Apr 2015 16:43 #57714 by ArcEye

I don't know how and I couldn't find where to have it look for WIFI connections.

Attach your dmesg
dmesg > dmesg.txt and attach the resultant dmesg.txt file

There are some NICs which do not work with the Wheezy based distro and others that may require additional non-free firmware to be installed

regards

More
13 Apr 2015 01:46 #57729 by cwebs
I have been fighting with Dabian untill I am Wheeze. For the time being, I have installed 10.4. This will get my machine setup much easier for this dumb old fart. Thanks, Carl

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds