Intel HD graphics HDMI not working

More
18 May 2015 07:23 #58808 by LearningLinuxCNC
I am building a new PC for the retrofit project that I am working on. I am using an ASUS J1800I-A MOBO with the Intel celeron processor and Intel HD graphics on board. I have been able to install The 2.6.4 install with Debian Wheezy. Everything seems to be working except the HDMI port. I can get video to my monitor via the VGA port but the HDMI port does not work. I plan on installing the monitor about 15 ft from the MOBO so I was hoping to use the HDMI port to connect to the monitor.

Does anyone have any suggestion?. I have not found much help on the interweb.

On the plus side latency seems really good with this MOBO. I will do some more testing and post my results.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2015 16:10 #58814 by SrLange61
The first question is does HDMI work on a non linuxcnc live image?
I have a ASRock J1900, the monitor is fine but no HDMI sound.
srl

More
18 May 2015 19:23 #58818 by LearningLinuxCNC
srl,

Actually I don't believe the HDMI is working at all. It does not work during POST or in BIOS. It did not work with the live image or with the install of Debian Wheezy onto the hard drive. I have tested the monitor on another pc and it worked. The monitor has a DVI port so I am using an HDMI to DVI converter but I have tried two different converters to I don't think that is the issue. I just tested the HDMI cable and HDMI to DVI converter on another pc with this monitor and it worked fine. All signs point to the MOBO or drivers.

Jim

More
18 May 2015 19:53 #58819 by LearningLinuxCNC
Figured it out!

I had the on board sound card disabled. Apparently this disables graphics output for the HDMI also.

I enabled the sound card and now the HDMI is working fine.

Thanks SRL. Your suggestion about your sound not working over HDMI spurred me to check this. ;)

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds