If you were to put a PC together

More
15 Jul 2015 22:31 #60637 by yugami
Looking for suggestions on Mobo/Video card's to get great performance.

Been a long time since I put a PC together and LinuxCNC has some special needs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
16 Jul 2015 18:40 #60650 by LearningLinuxCNC
I will say that a J1800 motherboard and processor work pretty well for LinuxCNC.

I am using an ASUS J1800I-A.

More
16 Jul 2015 21:46 #60655 by yugami

I will say that a J1800 motherboard and processor work pretty well for LinuxCNC.

I am using an ASUS J1800I-A.

Did you get an expansion card Parallel Port for that or did you use an ethernet thing?

More
17 Jul 2015 00:54 #60663 by LearningLinuxCNC

Did you get an expansion card Parallel Port for that or did you use an ethernet thing?

The ASUS J1800I-A has a built in parallel port that I have driving a Pico Systems UPC board.

I purchased it on Newegg but it says they are now out of stock. B&H Photo & Video says they can get them.

More
09 Aug 2015 06:49 #61234 by cmtunnel
I am looking at this mobo.... www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item...13-138-412-_-Product

I am choosing this one for no other reason that someone recommended it in another thread. I'm using it on a large contouring mill 3-axis with servos, 7i77, 5125 mesa stuff. I will be running 2.7 with the new trajectory planner and I want to be able to use the usb remote pendant shown in the wiki.

Is there any reason to not use that board? What recommendations do you have for the case and the rest of the hardware to do the build. Are there better boards for what I'm doing?

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds