How do I enable a screen saver in LinuxCNC?

More
23 Nov 2020 04:42 - 23 Nov 2020 04:43 #190094 by PhilCNC
I have unfortunately burned in my touch screen with the probe basic GUI. I did a quick google and youtube search and unfortunately couldn't solve my problem. I ended up setting up a timer to turn the screen off completely, but this is not ideal because it takes about 10 seconds or so for the screen to turn back on. Is there an way to have a basic screensaver like in the old windows xp days? I don't want anything that will interfere with the function of the G code.

I apologize for asking such a basic question to such talented people.
Last edit: 23 Nov 2020 04:43 by PhilCNC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2020 05:56 #190098 by PhilCNC
Well, a little more digging and I figured it out. For those interested, follow this guide at your own risk. www.debugpoint.com/2018/08/install-chang...nsaver-ubuntu-linux/

e z

More
27 Nov 2020 23:41 #190476 by JohnnyCNC
How long did it take for that to happen? I haven't seen a burnt screen since the CRT days. Although, this post had me doing a little searching and apparently it can still happen. I shut everything down at night but I have had mine on all day for weeks with no problem.

More
28 Nov 2020 18:07 #190535 by tommylight
Mine are on for months at a time, LCD take very loooooooong for something like that to happen, OLED will do that fairly quickly but i doubt you have a 4K$ monitor on a machine.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds