Computer won't boot with new keyboard-touchpad

More
23 Jan 2021 15:59 #196340 by mooser
Not really a linux or linuxcnc but here I am...

Bought a new perixx 515plus wired keyboard with built-in trackpad to use with my linxuCNC lathe to get a smaller footprint

When it's plugged in the computer (basic hp intel sff desktop) won't boot, just sits with a "-" blinking on the screen, no bios text, no anything
If I unplug it and reboot, then wait for the bios info to pop up I can plug it in and it's fine, everything will continue to boot into linux, keyboard and touch pad all work as they should, reboot and the same, stuck on "-" blinking

Plugged the old keyboard in and it boots fine, looked around the bios and I don't see anything leaping out at me that would cause this

Any suggestions?
M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2021 17:28 #196433 by aleksamc
Realy hard to tell something.
Possibly go into BIOS and look sequence of booting devices. Your HardDrive should be 1st and USB is somewhere later.

More
24 Jan 2021 23:16 #196483 by mooser
I think I got it working, changed a POST Mode setting from "Full Boot" to "Clear Memory", (not sure exactly what that means) but that seems to let it get by and into the Linux.
I didn't try the cnc to see if it has affected anything else but that'll have to wait a few days now to get back out there
Thanks for the reply
M

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds