Touch Screen Survey

More
06 Oct 2021 15:16 #222370 by Roguish
Touch Screen Survey was created by Roguish
With the maturing of more LinuxCNC gui's, most design for Touch Screens, I'm wondering what touch screen hardware is being used.....
So, a quick survey if ya'll don't mind.  Let the community know what screens are actually being used.

Brand, Model, Size, Resolution, Special Features (if any),  Rating (1 to 10 as cnc machine controller screen, 10 is perfect)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2021 22:33 #222407 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Touch Screen Survey
I have three. The only one I could give the name of hasn't even been turned on yet.

Some are more trouble to get working than others, though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roguish

More
07 Oct 2021 03:15 #222422 by JohnnyCNC
Replied by JohnnyCNC on topic Touch Screen Survey
I'm using a ASUS VT220H with QTDragon and I love both.  The only thing I would like to be different is the glossy screen.  I would rather it be a matte finish but is seems that almost all touch screens I looked at were glossy.  At least the glossy surface is durable and easy to clean.  I have had no false triggers from flying chips.  When I first got it I tried throwing rather heavy chips directly at buttons and nothing happened.

I have  this one

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roguish, tommylight

More
07 Oct 2021 17:04 #222473 by MaHa
Replied by MaHa on topic Touch Screen Survey
Before I had a Faytech FT17TMB - 17" Touch-Screen. That was about 2015. Later it got replaced by a Dell U2415 24", 1920 x 1200, no touchscreen.

If someone in switzerland is interested in the Faytech Monitor, i could give it away, as it is collecting dust in the storage room.
Just recognized there is some small damage on the surface, so the device will be free, to pickup. The evfilter driver for linux from Faytech download worked on todays function test. As the stand is disapeared, Vesa 100 mounting.

Attachments:

More
10 Oct 2021 10:03 #222728 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Touch Screen Survey
Touchscreens now are pretty mature technology which emulate a mouse.  Any I have used have just worked...

More
10 Oct 2021 22:52 #222807 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Touch Screen Survey
I've had the same experience as Rod, they just work. Last one I got was an Asus VT22H, works perfect out of the box. Beware of screen resolution and size, too little and you can't use Probe Basic LOL. I had a smaller one on the BP but the buttons were too small with Mill Touch V6, now they are nice sized and easy to press.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roguish, rodw

More
14 Oct 2021 00:39 - 14 Oct 2021 00:42 #223054 by cakeslob
Replied by cakeslob on topic Touch Screen Survey
800x480 touch screens
Unless you made a custom screen beforehand for this resolution, I cannot recommend these screens. Every gui is too big.
A few in 2.7 fit within this resolution(that black and white terminal one, and maybe sherline(i thought sherline had a good layout)), but I dont think anything currently is small enough without modification. Honestly, many are too big for even 1024x768. I still buy and use 800x480 screens, but i also spend a lot of time screwing around making thing fit within the screen.

holy shit you can see the chips in the screenshot
Last edit: 14 Oct 2021 00:42 by cakeslob.

More
18 Oct 2021 11:16 #223445 by Firehunter
Replied by Firehunter on topic Touch Screen Survey
I'm using a touchscreen on my lathe and mill retrofits. The lathe has a ELO touchscreen, PCAP type with a glossy screen. It works really nice and reliable.

I had a infrared touchscreen on a Windows+EdingCNC machine, but that wasn't useful at all. The screen has infrared sensor in the corners of the screen. With just a little bit of dust on them, they stopped working. Touch positions weren't accurated. It even had much false triggers, very dangerous while milling. Stay away from infrared or resistive touchscreens.

What I find very important with touchscreens is that they don't have a higher bezel around the screen. You can't touch anywhere near the edges if has a bezel. You really need a touchscreen that has a flat front.

On my most recent retrofit, a Kunzmann milling machine, I'm using a Lenovo M93z all-in-one PC.

A problem with both Linux touchscreen PC's is that they don't have a right click function, you cant swipe-scroll and double click doesn't work. Still trying to solve that...

More
04 Jan 2022 15:53 - 04 Jan 2022 16:03 #230777 by slammers
Replied by slammers on topic Touch Screen Survey
I have a Planar PTC2235 that I tried. Although it genrally works, I can not get the right mouse click to work so I can not rotate the gcode preview screen.

Do others have touch working where you can easily rotate the preview? If so what display are  you using?

Last edit: 04 Jan 2022 16:03 by slammers.

More
04 Jan 2022 17:32 #230780 by RotarySMP
Replied by RotarySMP on topic Touch Screen Survey
I have a 10.1" raspi touch screen which just worked, and an old Elu which required me to dick around with drivers and calibration, but works reliably.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds