Ethernet latency and touchscreen functions

More
18 Oct 2021 11:40 #223446 by Firehunter
I'm currently working on a Kunzmann retrofit. I'm using a Lenovo M93z with Mesa 7i97+7i84. I'm trying to get the latencies as low as possible. See the attached photo.

The ethernet ping latency to the 7i97 is mostly between 0.126 and 0.175.

Are the latencies good enough, or can/should the be improved?

I also have some questions about the touchscreen. I'm not really experienced Linux user, so I don't know what the possibilities are. The touchscreen is working fine. But I'm not able to double-click on files/folders and I haven't found a way yet to emulate right-click. I know it is possible to enable single-click for files and folders, but that isn't really what I'm looking for. Touchegg/touché didn't solve the problems either. Drag/swipe scrolling would also be a nice function.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2021 14:39 #223459 by tommylight
Latency looks good but that is to short of a timeframe for anything useful.
Do not bother much with laytency since you have everything wired, just leave LinuxCNC running and do whatever on the PC, watch videos, copy files, move windows around, etc, if it does not complain about latency excursions you are good.

More
24 Oct 2021 19:26 #224116 by Firehunter
Currently tuning the servos and programming the HAL file. So far so good, no latency errors.

Meanwhile I have set the desktop icons to be single-click activated.  I discovered the text editor was already touchscreen compatible. For browsing, I added the ScrollAnywhere addon for "grab and drag" scrolling, which is working very nice.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds