WHB04B-6 wheel does not run

More
22 Apr 2022 09:21 - 22 Apr 2022 11:59 #240869 by RoberCNC
Hello community.

I'm trying to implement an MPG WHB04B-6 on a machine, I've followed some well-known tutorials as well as the documentation about it, I'll tell you... loading and configuring the receiver ok, testing via terminal ok too, but once the file is created .hal of the MPG with its respective call in the INI, the first thing that has caught my attention is that a lot of signal errors have been appearing that are already linked when starting the machine.

To make some first tests and see that the steering wheel works I have been deactivating lines with "#" to be able to turn on the machine. Once I get it, I open the HAL configuration and test the buttons and others, everything is fine, I press, they work, the homming makes the machine start home, start starts the program, the axis and step selectors do what is expected, etc. but when turning the wheel doesn't move or do anything.

I attach the .hal file of the wheel to see if you can help me, I don't know if the error comes from one of the lines that gave me an error is the one that links the machine.is-on signals.
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Apr 2022 11:59 by RoberCNC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2022 21:11 #240912 by RoberCNC
Could it be because none of the jog signals and pins are actually linked to anything on the machine? jog-scale, jog-counts, jog-enable and jog-vel-mode appear in the MPG file but I've been looking around and can't find anything in the .hal file.
I don't know what it should really link with, in the HAL configuration they appear but referred to joint not axis.
Some help?
Thx.

More
22 Apr 2022 21:30 - 22 Apr 2022 21:38 #240917 by chris@cnc
Yes, your axis select signal is disabled or going into the dark.
# "selected axis" signals
#####net pdnt.axis.X.select                    whb.halui.axis.x.select               halui.axis.x.select
#####net pdnt.axis.y.select                    whb.halui.axis.y.select               halui.axis.y.select
#####net pdnt.axis.Z.select                    whb.halui.axis.z.select               halui.axis.z.select
#####net pdnt.axis.A.select                    whb.halui.axis.a.select               halui.axis.a.select

net pdnt.axis.X.select                    whb.halui.axis.x.select              
net pdnt.axis.y.select                    whb.halui.axis.y.select               
net pdnt.axis.Z.select                    whb.halui.axis.z.select               
net pdnt.axis.A.select                    whb.halui.axis.a.select               
 Here is an example of my working config. But this config will not be working for you. So do not copy it. Take a look till line 102 and compare where your count, select and scale data goes. I guess if your config written by pncconf are only small changes necessary.
 And run linuxcnc in terminal. You can see some issues direct and open second terminal and type
sudo tail -f /var/log/messages
Plug in your driver stick.  You will see direct message log from kernel or driver errors
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Apr 2022 21:38 by chris@cnc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoberCNC

More
22 Apr 2022 21:51 #240921 by RoberCNC
Thank you very much Chris.
I will look at it carefully. A priori, everything seems very different from the documentation file and somewhat complicated , I see that you even have a mux. What I will look at are the posts you have attached (great idea, I'm writing it down). Nothing conflicts with the HAL file? I see that you have lines that I had to comment out, such as halui.machine.is-on and the like.

More
22 Apr 2022 22:06 #240925 by chris@cnc
This line enable the Signal "halui.machine.is-on" your handwheel. If this low  is your handwheel off and no counts goes out. 
Same as "halui.machine.is-off". Usually is this Pin used in your first level *.hal and that the reason why you get trouble here. So disable this line in the other *.hal file or write "whb.halui.machine.is-on" at this place too.
net machine.is-on                         halui.machine.is-on                   whb.halui.machine.is-on

More
22 Apr 2022 22:14 #240928 by RoberCNC
The other *.hal the main you mean?

More
22 Apr 2022 22:26 #240930 by chris@cnc
Yes, main file. I use 7 *.hal. 
ini, io, axis, mpg, spindle, pyvcp, and post_gui. Not so easy to look all over but I like it short. 

More
23 Apr 2022 10:45 #240981 by RoberCNC

And run linuxcnc in terminal. You can see some issues direct and open second terminal and typesudo tail -f /var/log/messagesPlug in your driver stick.  You will see direct message log from kernel or driver errors

What driver stick are you referring to? if I do that in the second terminal it returns this:
  "tail: cannot open '/var/log/messages' for reading: No such file or directory
   tail: no files remaining"On the other hand, reading the file that you have attached (thank you very much), as far as I can understand, everything related to wheel jogging is done through the ilowpass and mpgsteps pins that you have created, should I do the same?

As a detail and in case it is relevant, the machine in particular is a gantry type, with dual Y axis, joint1 and joint2, although I see that the jogging is aimed at the axis.

Thx.

More
23 Apr 2022 16:16 #241004 by chris@cnc
I mean the WHB04 USB receiver.  it gives a message in the syslog.  otherwise look in the log directory.  there must be a file that records this.  The reason for mpgstep is that I only want 0.01-1mm steps.  and at 1mm increments, ilowpass is very comfortable.  the machine drives very softly.  I don't know how it feels with stepper motors.  and it's okay with the gantry.  the step signal goes to the axis signal.

More
23 Apr 2022 16:22 - 23 Apr 2022 16:49 #241005 by RoberCNC
So that part would be worth it to me? steppers are no problem, it goes with servos. First I want to move the machine with the wheel, the rest and I will be occupying after.

Really the only thing I would need to know is how and with which I have to link the jog signals.

As you will have seen I am a complete ignorant in HAL, I am completely lost.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2022 16:49 by RoberCNC.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds