Manual control

More
07 Oct 2010 22:18 #4573 by 2e0poz
Manual control was created by 2e0poz
I've been looking at manual control of my machine. My first thoughts were to have a look at the Shuttle Pro. I see there has been some issues here so decided to look at an alternative. On my travels come across 'PYSTROMO'. This is a way of mapping keys to the belkin N50/52 game controller. Now i own one of these and will give it a go. But the main thought is that this can be used for other devices without the need to load drivers. Should there be any reason why this can not be used for the Shuttle? even the joypad solution...Any thoughts anybody?

Here is the link

launchpad.net/pystromo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2010 23:15 #4577 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Manual control
Are you looking to just jog to some general position or be able to move in small increments like when touching off? For the latter I prefer a MPG for the former I use a joypad on my plasma torch.

John

More
08 Oct 2010 11:10 #4586 by 2e0poz
Replied by 2e0poz on topic Re:Manual control
John

It would be good to use the joypad on the N50 for X and Y and the keys for the Z. The other keys could be used for whatever and the thumb wheel for speed?. Not sure how this would work but if it can interface then surely as a cheap MPG alternative should be good. My budget does not run to MPG so the choices are either build one or a cheap other. I was hoping the shuttle would do this but not a lot of info on whether it does work completely. The only thing i have found so far is it does not.

Paul

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds