Using google drive on linuxcnc machine

More
13 Dec 2022 16:23 #259327 by transistorman
Hi All,

In the past I've used Dropbox to transfer files to my linuxcnc machine running 2.8.4 Debian 10, but they have since dropped support. I did a quick writeup on installing google drive and thought you all may be interested:

transistor-man.com/linuxcnc-google-drive.html

The setup is a SCARA used for acrylic painting. Surprisingly the latency testerizer does not indicate any significant difference before / after installation.

-Dane
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, camaliyab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2023 12:51 #260924 by tommylight
I use FileZilla to move files over local netwok, it is free, and should also be available for windows.

More
05 Jan 2023 11:25 #260993 by rodw
Simple way to use drive is just use your Google account in Chrome or Firefox browser.
I use many PC's during a working day so its pointless syncing drive to a HDD anywhere.
The best way to work with files on your network is to use Samba. Give users access to their home folder and you have full access to all your linuxcnc files. Then map a network drive on Windows to the nc_files folder.

Its a bit tricky to get Win 10 to talk to Samba. There is a poliy setting that needs changing. But don't ask me what the policy is!
The following user(s) said Thank You: camaliyab

More
23 Oct 2023 18:01 - 23 Oct 2023 21:58 #283625 by camaliyab
I use to mount google drive on mac Commander One
-
Edited by moderator to remove the suspicious link.
Last edit: 23 Oct 2023 21:58 by tommylight. Reason: remove the suspicious link

More
23 Oct 2023 21:59 #283639 by tommylight
@camaliyab
If you post again that type of links, you will be banned.

More
24 Oct 2023 01:43 #283653 by cornholio
I'm a dedicated Linux user so I find mounting folders via sftp via the file manager easy. Or via "sneaker net".

More
24 Oct 2023 06:10 #283663 by rodw

I'm a dedicated Linux user so I find mounting folders via sftp via the file manager easy. Or via "sneaker net".

I am a dedicated Google drive user who has also been known to use SAMBA to write direct to ~/linuxcnc/nc_files folder from Windows.
This lets me sit in an air conditioned office  and use Sheetcam and Fusion360 to output files to the machines when its +40deg in my workshop :)

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds