GLib WARNING getpwuid_r failed due to unknown user

More
01 Nov 2010 20:21 #5010 by billykid
Hello everyone, I have 2 cards Atom N230 with Ubuntu 10.04 and EMC2.
often and randomly give me this error: GLib-WARNING getpwuid_r two failed to unknown user id 0
have happened to others?
Regards Mauro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2010 14:59 #5038 by andypugh
Googling that error message hints that it is a bug with Ubuntu not with EMC2.

Do you get it with a Hard-drive boot? Many of the bug reports seem to be based on systems booting from LiveCD.

More
02 Nov 2010 17:20 #5041 by billykid
both machines has installed on sata hard drives ubuntu emc2 10.04
i don't use live cd distro
regards Mauro

More
05 Dec 2010 08:49 #5865 by chubs1646
I am actually experiencing this very same issue. I have 10.04 installed and have had this issue for some time now. installed it from the disk to a sata hd. I have done ALOT of research and found that the issue is actually related to a program called plymouth which is a new addition to ubuntu. Here is the issue, the fix that was FINALLY issued from the folks at ubuntu very unfortunately is an update that is only available for ubuntu 10.10(maverick). here is the real issue, EMC can only work on versions of ubuntu that its setup for and 10.10 is not one of them. so the only way to use EMC without your computer crashing mid mill (has happened to me so many times I cant count) is to go back to using the ubuntu 8 disk which is lacking in features in both ubuntu and EMC. I do realize though that as I am not a contributor to the code base of either project and just a user and friend of open source software that complaining would not be fashionable :) so I am very simply making a comment on the forum until I get around to submitting it as a bugfix. hope this at least helps give closure until everything gets figured out.

More
05 Dec 2010 10:49 #5866 by billykid
Thank you for your answer, but doing updates the problem has not been presented more :-)
in the second PC that I used for testing closed-loop (almost unusable for this error) I replaced the parallel with a mesa 5i23 and even that now works well
The important thing is that!

Mauro

More
06 Dec 2010 12:19 - 06 Dec 2010 12:23 #5879 by Mike_Eitel
Hi Chubs

I read in wiki.ubuntuusers.de/plymouth
Falls damit das System korrekt (ohne "boot splash") bootet, kann man als dauerhafte Lösung auch Plymouth ganz entfernen oder einen Kernelparameter in die Datei /etc/default/grub einfügen:

It seems that you can stop plymouth by adding in /etc/default/grub
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="noplymouth"

Mike
Last edit: 06 Dec 2010 12:23 by Mike_Eitel. Reason: Not able to see my text ???

More
06 Dec 2010 12:27 #5880 by Mike_Eitel
Hi Chubs

I read in wiki.ubuntuusers.de/plymouth
Falls damit das System korrekt (ohne "boot splash") bootet, kann man als dauerhafte Lösung auch Plymouth ganz entfernen oder einen Kernelparameter in die Datei /etc/default/grub einfügen:

It seems that you can stop plymouth by adding in /etc/default/grub
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="noplymouth"

Mike

More
06 Dec 2010 12:36 #5881 by BigJohnT
Hi Mike the forum has a habit of not displaying any post that has characters other than the normal English ones for some reason. The funny u should be your problem.

John

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds