Touchscreen issues with debian12

More
20 Nov 2023 20:00 #286091 by der hobbyist
hi,
I have some issues with debian 12 and a hanspree touchscreen. I can't open files and folders with a double click.
also scrolling in nautilus (file explorer) doesn't work properly. If I scroll a right click is triggered. 
With debian 11 the touchscreen works fine. 
have anybody some similar issues or an idea what I could do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2023 18:42 #286251 by wusel0464
Hello,

same problem, same monitor.
No solution found yet, mouse works perfectly.
Suddenly nothing worked with the touchscreen in QtDragon.

Greetings Frank

More
23 Nov 2023 13:54 #286328 by JohnnyCNC
The only problem I have had is that I can click on a desktop shortcut using the touch screen. Using the mouse works fine. I had to put a button in the launcher bar at the bottom of the screen to be able to start LCNC with my finger. Otherwise the touch screen seems to work everywhere else. I am using the QTDragon_HD UI and a ASUS VT229H touch screen.

More
26 Nov 2023 15:51 #286555 by wusel0464
Hello,

I was just jogging in Y and after releasing the button the axis just kept running, all the buttons had no function, luckily nothing happened.
It's been that way for a while now that double-clicking on the desktop doesn't work, but the interface is still responsive. I also updated the system that day.
I think that Bookworm has the worm in it.

Sorry, I've been on vacation for a few days now, the grandchild has reported a need.

Greetings Frank

More
26 Nov 2023 19:54 #286573 by der hobbyist
Meanwhile I switched to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS with Ubuntu Pro realtime kernel. Now the touch works great with the Probe Basic screen and in nautilus.
I'll test it now and keep you updated.

More
28 Nov 2023 17:32 #286710 by wusel0464
Hello,

Installed Ubuntu today, still without Linuxcnc.
Result Touchscreen also works with more than one finger.
Why didn't this work with Debian Bookworm?

Greetings Frank

More
19 Apr 2024 23:37 - 20 Apr 2024 15:14 #298686 by rdtsc
Trying to get the Rpi Bookworm version fully working, and discovered that double-tap click doesn't work.

Figured this would be trivial. Started googling, then saw where Rpi 5 users are still complaining theirs do not work either. Found a few things which seemed interesting, like adding Option "Gesture" "off" to 40-libinput.conf (resulted in black screen at login) and disabling from config.txt the line dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d... the desktop background and resolution changed, but no double-click. Then tried changing the active one to dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d and saw a brief blue flash during boot, but otherwise still the same.

Somebody more familiar with libinput may have to chime in. I even sent a support request to Waveshare (my touchscreen vendor) so maybe they will come up with something. But this is a huge issue, even affecting the official Rpi touchscreen.

Edit: Waveshare responded that they are aware of the issue and are waiting on Rpi /Debian to update drivers.
Last edit: 20 Apr 2024 15:14 by rdtsc.

More
20 Apr 2024 03:35 #298697 by Unlogic
I can also confirm that double click on touchscreens does not work in Debian 12 with xfce. It googled it a bit and it seems to be an upstream issue.

More
25 Apr 2024 18:56 #299078 by vre
Same problem here with hanspree touchscreen and debian 12.
Any solution?
If install cinnamon instead xfce ?

More
26 Apr 2024 06:50 #299096 by Unlogic
I have not seen any solution posted on the xfce website so far.

gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/-/issues/741

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds