NCR Touchscreen Calibration

More
21 Dec 2023 10:19 #288744 by Walkahz
Hi all
Just installed linuxcnc 2.9 using the link on the downloads page. For my monitor I have purchased a used NCR POS touchscreen. My issue seems to be that the touch component is way out of calibration. it is fairly close in the centre of the screen but the further towards the edges you go the more offset the touch becomes. there is no calibration on the screen itself so I assume it is handled in the driver. i was provided the windows driver with the screen but nothing for linux. is there any way to convert a windows driver for use in linux? or a generic touchscreen driver that can be installed?

Suggestions appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2023 13:30 #288755 by tommylight
Search the Debian forums, there is no need for drivers in most cases, and Linux has a tool for calibration, but i forgot what the name was.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Walkahz

More
23 Dec 2023 10:58 #288893 by andypugh
I think I have used packages.debian.org/bookworm/utils/xinput-calibrator with good results.

More
28 Dec 2023 11:31 #289240 by Walkahz
Replied by Walkahz on topic NCR Touchscreen Calibration
Thanks
I have installed this now and will try it out when I plug the PC back into the touchscreen.

More
29 Dec 2023 06:11 #289295 by Walkahz
Replied by Walkahz on topic NCR Touchscreen Calibration
No go unfortunately.
Ran the Configurator. Created a 99-calibration.conf file and placed into both directories given.
Restarted but still no good.
I have another calibrator I have downloaded UPDD but is a .tgz file and being the Linux noob I am I am struggling to get it to install. I'm sure this is very much user error.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds