SUN1888 parallel port configuration problem

More
03 Jan 2011 10:15 #6401 by ioiotutu
Hi,
i have a pci parallel card based on sun1888.

Operating system recognize the card (lspci -v liste the node & address) but nothing happen with emc2.

I tryed with 0x378 and 0x278 in the configurazion wizard but doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Michele

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2011 11:58 #6403 by Rick G
Hello Michele,

You might need to supply more information about your setup such as what you did, type of breakout board, etc. Some breakout boards need a "charge pump" signal to work. Do the motors work when in the test/set up mode? Do the moves you want to make show on the display but just the motors do not work?

Rick G

More
03 Jan 2011 22:11 #6409 by ioiotutu
hi,
i have a autobuilded machine with stepper motor, X,Y,Z axis and charge pump configured. I used emc2 setup wizard to configure my machine and all work fine. I'm using the parallel card that is on the pc mother board (lpt1 0x378).

I need another lpt card on my pc to drive tre output and tre input more. I buyed a PCI card based on sun1888 chipset.
My problem is that this card is not recognized by emc2. I'm using ubuntu 10.04 and the system seems to see correctly the PCI card. I don't know how to understand the address of the card to write in emc2 config.

I tryed to disable the lpt on mother board and configure only sun1888 card but in this case i don't have any parallel available.

I think that this may be a configuration problem of ubuntu and sun1888 card.

Thanks.

More
More
04 Jan 2011 15:51 #6417 by ioiotutu
Many thanks Rick i fix the problem reading the wiki that you linked!

I found the address of the PCI parallel card with "lspci -v" command.

I saw on the screen the first address on my PCI parallel card, in my case "0xdc00"

I changed in my .hal configuration file the line:

loadrt hal_parport cfg="0x378 out"

in:

loadrt hal_parport cfg="0xdc00 out"

and all work fine.

The wiki suggests to write in hal file: loadrt hal_parport cfg="0x378 0xdc00 out" but in my case this has generated an error at address 0x378.

It is possible write the address of PCI card directly in the setup wizard screen!!

Many many thanks!

More
05 Jan 2011 11:15 #6421 by Rick G
Glad to hear you have everything working.

Thank you for explaining how you did it to help others in the future.

Rick G

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds