Need to turn 90 degs.

More
16 Jan 2012 15:39 #16818 by cwebs
Need to turn 90 degs. was created by cwebs
I have a very large gcode in a txt. file only. I need to turn the project 90 degs. so it will fit in my machine. Can EMC2 turn it?
The project is a Mandolin top and is 14.75 inches tall (Y) and only have 14 inchs of travel in Y. Thanks Carl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2012 15:50 #16819 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Need to turn 90 degs.
cwebs wrote:

I have a very large gcode in a txt. file only. I need to turn the project 90 degs. so it will fit in my machine. Can EMC2 turn it?
The project is a Mandolin top and is 14.75 inches tall (Y) and only have 14 inchs of travel in Y. Thanks Carl

You could do a global search-and-replace swapping all X to (for example) && then all Y to X, then all && to Y.

Alternatively, G10 L2 R90 will probably do what you want:
www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html/gcode_main...:G10:-Set-Coordinate

More
16 Jan 2012 17:14 #16820 by cwebs
Replied by cwebs on topic Re:Need to turn 90 degs.
andypugh wrote:

cwebs wrote:

You could do a global search-and-replace swapping all X to (for example) && then all Y to X, then all && to Y.

Thanks Andy, I will have to give the G10 L2 R90 a try. That would make life easyer. Thanks Carl

More
17 Jan 2012 19:07 #16857 by cwebs
cwebs wrote:

andypugh wrote:

cwebs wrote:

Thanks Andy, I will have to give the G10 L2 R90 a try. That would make life easyer. Thanks Carl

Gcode won't load with this G10 line. I have found some info on G68/G69 and when I can get to my machine I will try it.
Should this be supported in EMC?

knol.google.com/k/steve-paffel/cnc-coord...g68/2jsw1fntksfr1/5#
www.cnczone.com/forums/g-code_programing...9-g68_g69_codes.html

More
17 Jan 2012 20:09 #16858 by andypugh
cwebs wrote:

[Gcode won't load with this G10 line.

What does it say?

I have found some info on G68/G69 and when I can get to my machine I will try it.
Should this be supported in EMC?

No, the function in EMC2 G-code is handled by G10 L2.
www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html/gcode.html

More
17 Jan 2012 22:56 #16864 by cwebs
When I tried the G10, I tried to test it in Mach3 Sim, witch I have to use on my windows computer, I got this error, P value out of range, ? There is no P. Might just be I tried it on Mach3.
I still have to get to my EMC machine and see what happens. Carl

More
18 Jan 2012 10:51 #16875 by andypugh
cwebs wrote:

When I tried the G10, I tried to test it in Mach3 Sim

Yes, well, that will be because Mach3 and EMC2 are different. RS274 is a rather loose "standard"
In Mach3 there is no R in a G10.
Both take a P word to specify which coordinate system is to be shifted. It might be that you need a P in both Mach3 and EMC2, or EMC2 might default to the current coordianate system if it is omitted, I am not sure.

More
19 Jan 2012 00:13 #16909 by cwebs
After trying the G10 L2 R90 in EMC2 I get the same error as in Mach3, P out of range.
When using Cambam to see the cut lines over half of them are missing. However in Mach3 and EMC2 all the cut lines are shown. Mach3 shows some rapid moves that go way off the project and I think that may be the "P" problem. However, I don't know what P is for. This file is a TXT file and I don't know how to clean up the moves that don't need to be there. Text file is all I have. No DXF or anything else. Carl

More
19 Jan 2012 00:35 #16911 by BigJohnT

More
19 Jan 2012 11:28 #16932 by andypugh
BigJohnT wrote:

linuxcnc.org/docview/2.5/html/gcode/gcod...em_a_id_sec_g10_l2_a

Which says you probably want G10 L2 P0 R90
You could, however, set up G55 (for example) to be your rotated coordinate system, and leave it rotated permanently.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds