Generating G Code from MDI history log

More
13 Mar 2013 22:19 - 13 Mar 2013 22:20 #31334 by ArcEye
Code for plot component for those interested
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 13 Mar 2013 22:20 by ArcEye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: susam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2013 20:15 - 18 Mar 2013 20:17 #31544 by susam
Thanks!..

I am writing a G-code generator in java...(as I'm more comfortable with it). I will try to integrate these elements through that piece of code. I hope it works out....to integrate java into such an environment.

Regards
Last edit: 18 Mar 2013 20:17 by susam.

More
18 Mar 2013 20:20 #31545 by susam
the G-code generator in java works.....however I am not sure if its possible to call a java class that creates something like a pop-up window with buttons,numbers etc......like the way u did. I will try though. Please advice if am taking a wrong direction.

More
18 Mar 2013 23:36 #31550 by ArcEye

I am writing a G-code generator in java...(as I'm more comfortable with it). I will try to integrate these elements through that piece of code. I hope it works out....to integrate java into such an environment.

You can create the code that is going to be executed at each of the co-ordinates, any way you like. If you output it to /tmp/operation.ngc it will be used by my splice code, or you can write your own
program entirely to do the same thing as splice.

What you won't be able to do is write a hal component in java. The libraries are written in C, with python bindings written in C to allow python to use them.

If you want to execute a java program, you will probably have to do it from a script, the same way that initially splice was executed.

however I am not sure if its possible to call a java class that creates something like a pop-up window with buttons,numbers etc

I know little about java, I looked at it for web programming a long time back but never continued with it.
Dialogs with data fields etc will be bread and butter stuff, it just depends how you are intending to activate them.

regards

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds