G93/94/95 adapted to creative problem,

More
06 May 2012 00:39 #19869 by alexr
Hey guys

I have been following the 3D printing community with interest for a while now and they are in desperate need of "successful" contributors.

A large majority of their community are retrofitting micro/macro CNC machinery for instance Sherline mills. One of their major "hobby" problems involve a the printing head.

I am a sucker for that sort of challenge.

I am working on the 'concept' of a CNC plasma cutter crossed with a MIG welder function/design. That is to say i am working on making "a remote spool feeder with a flexible supply line to a fixed heater head on the z axis" OR in layman terms replacing the spindle with a over glorified glue gun.

Using a stepper motor, driver and using my (A,B) 4th axis output off my breakout board, I should... be able to use G93 G94 G95 to control the heater head extrusion feed rate right? (stepper driven MIG feeder mechanism)

currently they are using small PWM controllers and DC motors on an adrino setup, but i am looking for a more professional approach.

if you know of a better solution i am all ears!

alexr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2012 21:43 #19915 by andypugh
alexr wrote:

Using a stepper motor, driver and using my (A,B) 4th axis output off my breakout board, I should... be able to use G93 G94 G95 to control the heater head extrusion feed rate right?

Not easily, as far as I can see.
I think a better approach would be to have a HAL component that measures how far the XYZ axes have moved, and increments the feed accordingly.
This would probably be neatest with a custom HAL component, otherwise you would be having to string together a lot of sample-hold and hypot blocks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds