Moving joints from GCODE

More
21 Dec 2012 21:53 #27923 by lisandromassera
Is there a way to move directly the joints when running a gcode program in a machine with non-trivial kins?
The problem is that when I want the machine to go to a point at the fastest speed possible (G0) it still interpolates a straight line, instead of just moving each joint to its final position at it's max speed. is this a bug?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2012 10:12 #27946 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Moving joints from GCODE

it still interpolates a straight line, instead of just moving each joint to its final position at it's max speed. is this a bug?

I think it is probably a feature. You _probably_ want to be able to predict the path that a G0 move will take.
I also think that the move will finish in exactly the same time anyway (though that is without any analysis)

More
22 Dec 2012 20:56 #27963 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Moving joints from GCODE

Is there a way to move directly the joints when running a gcode program in a machine with non-trivial kins?
The problem is that when I want the machine to go to a point at the fastest speed possible (G0) it still interpolates a straight line, instead of just moving each joint to its final position at it's max speed. is this a bug?

You might want to read up on the behavior of G0 here .

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: lisandromassera

More
24 Dec 2012 21:14 #28001 by lisandromassera
Sorry, so it´s ok wit h G0 to do a straight move. Is there a way to do the move with the joints independently?

More
24 Dec 2012 22:45 #28002 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Moving joints from GCODE
Sure just program each joint on a separate line.
G0 X2
Y2
Z2
W2

John

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds