Nembered Paramenters accessibility.

More
03 May 2013 23:35 #33581 by ArcEye
One 'simple' solution is to create your programs through ngcgui interfaces.

The programs then become semi-conversational and to modify them just becomes a case entering the interface again, changing a parameter or two and recreating the program.

This is what I do all the time.

(However you will have to invest the time in creating the interfaces in the first place) :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2013 23:43 #33582 by bigalex
Hi ArcEye.
Thank you so much for this advice.
I already thougth and read about ngcgui .
This seems to be quite difficult but maybe the only achievable compromise option.
So after your confirmation I finally have to fight with ngcgui . :sick:

Thanks again.

bigalex :blink:

More
03 May 2013 23:46 #33583 by BigJohnT
Actually ngcgui is quite simple once you set up the subroutines and I use it 95% of the time on my lathe.

In 2.5 you just add a couple of ini file entries and your off to a start. Create a simple subroutine and test it then add the header info needed for ngcgui and your done.

John

More
03 May 2013 23:47 #33584 by ArcEye
JT and Rick between them have published lots of ngcgui routines in that section of the forum.

I have also put my lathe G71/72 routines there

You don't have to start from scratch

More
03 May 2013 23:52 - 03 May 2013 23:54 #33585 by BigJohnT
The most powerful part of ngcgui is you can concatenate subs together to form a complete program. I just finished making some parts on my lathe that had 7 operations and all were created with ngcgui then combined to form one program. This part needed to be faced off, chamfered, spot drilled, pilot drilled, drilled, bored, then step bored, then a final bore. Well 8 ops total. I set up each sub and tested then when I had everything correct combined them all into one and the green button was the only thing left to do between parts.

Edit: some examples here
www.gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/ngcgui/index.html
and here
www.gnipsel.com/shop/hardinge/hardinge.xhtml

John
Last edit: 03 May 2013 23:54 by BigJohnT.

More
04 May 2013 00:05 - 04 May 2013 00:07 #33587 by bigalex
Thank you so much ArcEye & John .
I will follow your hints .
This seems to be a promising option.
John you did a very nice job with ngcgui.

I'm sorry to have made syntax errors on the topic title. :blush:

Last edit: 04 May 2013 00:07 by bigalex.

More
06 May 2013 20:45 #33673 by bigalex
Hi people.
After the above discussion I've tried the ngcgui option.
But after some tests (for what I've understood) I've to say that ngcgui does not fit my needs.
Ngcgui is for sure a time saver to write ngc programs using pre-programmed parametric subs.
But the point is that this procedure do not allow to access at the Numbered Parameters values directly.
Because the Numbered Parameters are the only way to store values when LCNC shut down (as tool table does)
it is a limitation do not have an access to them outside the ngc program (of course is my point of view). :(

More
06 May 2013 21:40 #33676 by andypugh

Because the Numbered Parameters are the only way to store values when LCNC shut down (as tool table does)

I can readily imagine a userspace component that saves the values of all connected signals to a file when it gets the terminate signal. Working out how to use that data to set initial parameter values is likely to be a bit more difficult.

More
06 May 2013 21:59 #33677 by bigalex
Hi Andy.
I appreciate your comment.
I have to say that should be nice to have the Numbered Parameters accessible in some way.
As I told before other CNCs have this feature.
Siemens allow to access the Numbered Parameters (R parameter for Siemens) also from the PLC logic and from HMI panel as well.
I think that an "upgrade" to the linuxcnc Python Module (Michael Haberler) could be a way to do it or a component (s) in HAL that allow to read/write
one or more Numbered Parameter for single instance.
I read from you that in the developing branch HAL will be able to interact with G code or isn't it ?
I clearly understand that it is not an easy job :( .

More
06 May 2013 22:13 #33678 by andypugh

I read from you that in the developing branch HAL will be able to interact with G code or isn't it ?

Not in the way that you envisage, unfortunately.
G-code will be able to read the values of HAL pins. But it won't be able to set the values except via the motion.analog-out-NN pins. (ie, M68)

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds