G Code homing

More
19 Oct 2013 01:30 #40053 by lewac
G Code homing was created by lewac
Building a DIY pick & place so not a lathe here. however I have an orientation issue before I ever get into hardware. first off no encoders. this is a small (for small PCB's) simple machine and I only need to rotate parts off the Z axis (Z is used to pickup and place via vacuum). however when I pick up a part sometimes I have to reorient it (up to 270 degrees). thus spin it. its much easier to spin Z rather than the entire table as this pickup thing weighs a matter of ounces. remember. no encoders (M19 says I need one... and a pretty "nasty" one at that) and I only have one parport. so M19 is out. Can I use G1 or G0? remember no machine to test this on as yet. Basically I'm looking to spin Z 90, 180, 270 from zero degrees and that's it.

my first post here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2013 06:09 #40057 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic G Code homing

its much easier to spin Z rather than the entire table as this pickup thing weighs a matter of ounces. remember. no encoders (M19 says I need one... and a pretty "nasty" one at that) and I only have one parport. so M19 is out. Can I use G1 or G0?

Yes, just designate the spindle as a rotary axis (C is traditional, but it could be any free axis). The G0 C270 to align.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lewac

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds