G96 CSS problem

More
10 May 2014 06:23 - 11 May 2014 03:44 #46783 by ap machine works
Replied by ap machine works on topic G96 CSS problem
I'm having a similar issue, how was this resolved?
Last edit: 11 May 2014 03:44 by BigJohnT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2014 16:00 #46790 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic G96 CSS problem
You will need to explain your issue in detail, otherwise the answer will be,
Use a similar solution:-)

Norbert

More
11 May 2014 03:44 #46805 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic G96 CSS problem

I'm having a similar issue, how was this resolved?

Start a new post with all the information you have like what you did, what you got and what you expected.

JT

More
11 May 2014 06:18 #46808 by jbunch
Replied by jbunch on topic G96 CSS problem
The issue was in the pid for the spindle speed. I removed the pid and use a constant multiplyer and I do not have problems with this any more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ap machine works

More
11 May 2014 23:49 #46818 by ap machine works
Replied by ap machine works on topic G96 CSS problem
Norbert-

Forgive me if I had seen a solution for the problem I wouldn't have asked.

Big John-

As long as this isn't against forum rules (which I don't believe it is, as I've seen multiple other posts that have piggybacked) i prefer to just keep the topic here, as my situation is very similar albeit with one caveat.

My issue is as follows.

We purchased a hardinge hxl with a linuxcnc conversion from a board member. We come from an industrial cnc background and have little experience with the background programming of cnc. This is all new to us and frankly we are a bit disappointed with the number of bugs that we encounter. I'm not going to get into all of it but will post our latest and most pertinent issue.

Upon startup we are able to run one part all the way through (face/turn, groove, spot drill/drill/tap, and finally part) on the 2nd part the machine hangs up at parting tools first g01 location (immediately after the g00). The spindle is in g96/css at the correct speed for the X diameter, but the control throws a spindle motion not at speed timeout after approximately 10 seconds. Shutting down the machine and restarting allows the control to rest and we can run another part and run into the same issue on the 2nd parts part off operation.

other times the machine/control runs brilliantly and we can merrily make parts (read dollars) to our hearts content.

More
12 May 2014 02:05 #46822 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic G96 CSS problem
It's bad forum etiquette to piggy back a topic even if yours is similar but different and sure yea it's done and often suggested to the hijacker to start a new topic. It also makes it much harder to follow as page after page of similar but different topics take place. It also makes it harder to search the forum when topics are long winded. You will also find that you get better answers when you take the time to start your own topic. Topics stay much cleaner and easier to follow if the discussion stays on the Original Poster's topic.

JT

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds