Log files

More
16 May 2014 13:33 #46971 by TarHeelTom
Log files was created by TarHeelTom
:S
I'm trying to use a log file to help debug a program. Tried using MSG, but the right side of the screen fills up so much that I can't see the gui window.

I've successfully written to a log file, but have trouble finding the log file after I've written it.

Is there a way to force the log file to write itself in the current folder, the same folder that contains the current .ngc file?

Thanks

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2014 15:56 #46972 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Log files

Is there a way to force the log file to write itself in the current folder, the same folder that contains the current .ngc file?

When a user logs in they are taken to their home directory. Unless you change that, any logs etc will be written there.

echo $PWD in a terminal, will always come up with /home/tom unless you conciously cd somewhere else

The ngc files and configs are found through paths, set in the ini file or just hardcoded (like ~/configs being where the configs are expected to be)
The directory you are working from is unchanged.

regards

More
16 May 2014 22:21 #46984 by TarHeelTom
Replied by TarHeelTom on topic Log files
Thanks.

I guess I'm very used to the Windows file tree, and it's a bit hard getting used to the linux file tree. Although I run a few web sites, and can usually find my way through the file tree on the servers.

Tom

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds