Checking if machine has been homed during a remapped M6

More
20 Jun 2018 02:45 #112603 by footpetaljones
As part of a remapped M6 for a wine rack ATC I'd like to include an error if the machine has not been previously homed.

I have a few ideas on how to do this:
1. If a parameter for "machine has been homed" exists simply read the status of that parameter in the macro.
2. Write a small ladder program to monitor when the home switches have been triggered. A coil activates a hal pin, which is read in the macro.
3. Command a homing routine in the macro.

Is there such a parameter that already exists?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2018 14:49 #112773 by andypugh

As part of a remapped M6 for a wine rack ATC I'd like to include an error if the machine has not been previously homed.

That seems advisable. But might not be necessary. By default (ie if NO_FORCE_HOMING is not set) the machine will not allow MDI commands or the execution of G-code.

Each axis has an "homed" HAL pin:
(listed under "debugging pins" here: linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/motion.9.html )
I do not think that there is any danger of those being removed even though they are not in the main list. There are also the halui join.N.is-homed pins: linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man1/halui.1.html though those are user-space not realtime. (unlikely to be a problem).

You can "and" those all together in HAL and pass them to a G-code digital input, and check that in the tool-change routine.

More
23 Jun 2018 18:36 #112799 by cmorley
Or use python:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/python...ding_linuxcnc_status

homed
(returns tuple of integers) - 0 = not homed, 1 = homed.

Chris M

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds