Correct use of G64 Pn

More
23 Feb 2019 22:58 #127022 by spangledboy
Hi.

I've been gradually improving my understanding of the G code created by the default Fusion 360 post processor for LinuxCNC and it's occurred to me that it doesn't implement G64 at all, which may be affecting the accuracy of parts it creates.

With that in mind, I've started editing the post processor so that we can enable/disable G64 and set the P tolerance accordingly. However, looking through the documentation it's not entirely clear to me whether G64 Pn can just be set as part of the preamble at the top of the file, or if it really should be restated after each tool change.

If you can let me know what the best practice is for the G64 Pn entry, I'll get the post processor finished and share it in the Fusion post processor area on this forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2019 23:09 #127023 by Leon82
Replied by Leon82 on topic Correct use of G64 Pn
If it stays modal through a tool change you could put it at the top.

Bit you could also code the post processor based on cut type I know it's possible in mastercam not sure about 360.

for example like the adaptive clearing or dynamic milling whatever they call it you can have it post out a bigger tolerance. And for a finishing pass you could tighten up the tolerance.
Then you wouldn't have to even think about it would come on just how you want it

More
24 Feb 2019 11:08 #127045 by spangledboy
Replied by spangledboy on topic Correct use of G64 Pn
Ok, so I have the post working to put the G64 entry in the file preamble.

In fusion when posting there are a number of selectable variables and I have created entries such that you can enable G64 and select the desired tolerance. As it stands this would be per file rather than per operation - achieving that would require multiple variables and some logic to determine if the move is roughing or finishing.

I will see if I can work out how to do that, but it will probably take me a long time as I'm not a programmer, so don't hold your breath!

More
07 Mar 2019 16:25 #127995 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic Correct use of G64 Pn
be Warned at realy high speed sutch as plasma it can ruin your part to set a high value
it make realy nice EDGE blendings
where you may want a 90Deg and find even a 1inch or higher Radius

a unit factor 10 or less is Standard Meaning Metric 0,1 is agood max factor

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds