Sample program

More
27 Oct 2020 23:43 #187485 by Hoss1958
Sample program was created by Hoss1958
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and new to Linux and need a little help. I've got an old Takamatsu lathe that my buddy rootboy has completely redone and as a controlling program is using Linux CNC. It's been 7 years since I ran a CNC lathe and it was a Mori Seiki. I have a Fadal CNC mill that I manually program, but there's a world of difference between the two. Could someone post a simple turn, drill program for me to learn from. Things like pulling up the tool offset in the program is so different. I wrote a trial program with no offsets to try out the tool changer, spindle and the Z and X axis drives, but now I'm ready to make some chips and need to used the offsets.

Thanks ahead of time.
Hoss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2020 04:53 #187502 by rootboy
Replied by rootboy on topic Sample program
I approve of the avatar...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hoss1958

More
16 Dec 2020 21:54 #192200 by The Feral Engineer
Replied by The Feral Engineer on topic Sample program
there's a sim config on the latest distro that includes a lathe tool call (T01001 or something to that nature). I haven't played with it much, but it appears promising. I haven't done any LCNC work with a lathe, but i'm under the impression from just seeing some of the stuff that it's not going to be like the old mori you're used to. I think G71 is in infant stages of development and support and on most of the examples i've seen, it still uses G43 for offset calls (unless you try that sim i mentioned).

probably no help, but i wanted to try and point you in the right direction the best i could.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hoss1958

More
16 Dec 2020 22:12 #192203 by aleksamc
Replied by aleksamc on topic Sample program
Try to use this Help

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds