First fail g-code help or other guidance

More
09 Apr 2021 20:55 #205472 by Bearfood
I have a 3 axis machine that I'm trying to use to cut out a zero clearance insert for my table saw with.

CAD / CAM is Fusion 360

I have home as 0,0,0 mainly because I still need to rework my limit switches for the Z to go to max height.

When I start the CNC I auto home everything then raise the Z. With the Z up I touch off with 0.5 for the work piece height.

Starting the program causes the router to immediately plung to full depth and then try to drag the router around at full depth which I don't understand. It's not even at the work coordinates yet. What am I doing wrong?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2021 21:08 #205473 by andypugh
Fusion 360 inserts:

N20 G53 G0 Z0.

At the start of the file. That is a rapid move to 0 in the machine coordinates. Where is your machine zero?

(You can set the GUI to display absolute / machine coordinates to find out)

Fusion assumes (unreasonably) that Z = 0 is at the top and all cutting happens at negative Z.

More
09 Apr 2021 21:11 #205475 by Bearfood
So do I just remove that line for now until I fix my Z home?

More
09 Apr 2021 22:20 #205486 by andypugh
Possibly.

I would suggest looking through the code and jogging to the Z heights, manually running the tool-changes in MDI. It could very well be tool-length offsets too.

If the line starts with G53 then it's absolute coords, otherwise it's G54 coords in this G-code.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds