radius to end of arc differs from radius to start

More
05 Jun 2021 10:59 #211206 by MarnikMakes
Hi all

I recently finished the retrofit on a Emco-F1 using linuxcnc. Everything seems to be working fine. For testing stuff i generated some simple G-code using Fusion360 and it worked perfectly. It was just some simple facing operation but it was good to get started. I now want to start working on my first project and i get this error: radius to end of arc differs from radius to start. I have looked at differend sources online but I can't get it figured out. What is the best course of action to take?
https://imgur.com/345r19h

Thanks in advace.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2021 12:57 #211208 by tommylight
Tool to big for radius's in the gcode
Arc's to small for the given tool
starting work on an arc, this is usually when using "run from here"

More
06 Jun 2021 18:59 #211319 by BigJohnT
I wrote an arc generator to help people understand what a correct arc G code is.

github.com/LinuxCNC/simple-gcode-generators/tree/master/arcgen

Usually with post processors the precision is not small enough and rounding introduces errors.

JT

More
08 Jun 2021 23:06 #211558 by andypugh

i generated some simple G-code using Fusion360 and it worked perfectly. It was just some simple facing operation but it was good to get started. I now want to start working on my first project and i get this error: radius to end of arc differs from radius to start.

Which postprocessor are you using in Fusion360? If you use the LinuxCNC one then I think that it gives enough precision to avoid this issue. (But I only ever use it in metric, which might matter)

More
22 Feb 2023 16:18 #265036 by Pudding1960
Hi Tommy !
I had several times the same issue ! The funy thing is,that i milled the same part yesterday an it worked fine, Today i tried it multiple times without success.. I tried to make a new g-Code with F360 ,it also don`t work.Last time a few month ago,i tried to fix the problem 4 hours long,then i give up,go to sleep an next day i tried again and it works fine ! Without any changes... Im desperate. :-(

More
22 Feb 2023 16:48 #265040 by tommylight
Screenshot of the error?

More
23 Feb 2023 23:13 #265169 by Pudding1960
Yes the same Message ! I Have no Screenshot...

More
25 Feb 2023 11:48 #265315 by andypugh
It makes no sense that it should not work one day but work the next.
Did you restart the system between the two attempts?

This might be due to being in metric or imperial mode, as the required number of decimal places is different.

Which postprocessor are you using in F360? I have never seen this issue with the one that I use.

More
26 Feb 2023 00:50 #265374 by Pudding1960
It all makes no sense.. :-) I Restartet the system many times without success,the next day it works fine ! My Postprocessor is EMC and i had no issues exept this ....

More
27 Feb 2023 00:08 #265454 by andypugh
I see two different ones. Maybe try the other?

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds