EMC2 with parallel robot

More
07 Oct 2010 03:12 #4550 by cotona
Hi guys, I'm making a project at college with parallel cinematic.
I'm using EMC2 to generate the angles of the motors with the inverse cinematic. It is working fine.

But now I need to read a file that have the G-code with the coordinates where I want my tool to go and I'm not finding a way how to read this file with the EMC2.

Someone that knows could please tell me the way?

Sincerally,
Gabriel Probst.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2010 12:36 #4558 by BigJohnT
The simple way is to just write your g-code by hand otherwise you need cam software to convert your drawings to g-code (usually not free). If you have a list of coordinates you can just copy and paste them in the g-code file after the first G0 or G1 for linear moves.

John

More
07 Oct 2010 13:56 #4563 by cotona
Replied by cotona on topic Re:EMC2 with parallel robot
Hi John, and thank you for answering.
I don't have a drawing. Here is what I do have.

My project is to get objects from a mat. I'll locate the objects with a Software that I have made and write the G-code with this software in a file. My problem is how to do EMC2 reading this file that I have created.

I will also need to update this file every 10 second for exemple to implement new coordinates. Can I do that with EMC2 ? Will It let me use a file while it's using for reading coordinates ?

Sincerally,
Gabriel Probsy.

More
07 Oct 2010 23:13 #4576 by BigJohnT
You can send a g-code file directly to Axis. You might also explore using variables and M100. If you know TCL take a look at the program in the subroutines section or look at my simple g code generators on the wiki for info on how to send a g-code file to Axis.

Sounds like an interesting project, keep us posted on your progress.

John

More
12 Oct 2010 16:11 #4644 by andypugh
cotona wrote:

My project is to get objects from a mat. I'll locate the objects with a Software that I have made and write the G-code with this software in a file. My problem is how to do EMC2 reading this file that I have created.

You might want to consider bypassing the G-code file, and using emcrsh to send the movement commands. (But I confess I know nothing at all about it)
wiki.linuxcnc.org/emcinfo.pl?Emcrsh

I will also need to update this file every 10 second for exemple to implement new coordinates. Can I do that with EMC2 ? Will It let me use a file while it's using for reading coordinates ?

One thing that might work (but it is horrible :-) is this

#1 = 1
O100 WHILE [#1 > 0]
O<filename> CALL
O100 END WHILE

Then you ought to be able to write G-code to a file called "filename.ngc" in the PROGRAM_PREFIX directory, and see EMC act on it. (set #1 to 0 in this file to end it).

This is not tested, I am not even sure that you end a WHILE with END WHILE in EMC2 G-Code...

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds