Simple Rectangle has a radius on all edges ... strange

More
01 Jun 2022 01:18 #244334 by cmorley
That does look easy! Nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2022 05:55 #244707 by automata
Andy, Thanks for pointing this out. If possible, can someone point out which lines of code affect the default state when a running file is aborted?
I understand an NGC file can be run on abort to set the behavior and that is defined at this point: github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/b7673f...s274ngc_pre.cc#L2626

What I could not figure out though is, if "ON_ABORT_COMMAND", is not found in the "RS274NGC" section of the NGC file, then where will the default state on abort be set.
Regards,
automata

More
07 Jun 2022 15:32 #244725 by Todd Zuercher
AFAIK, The default state is what ever state your former running g-code left it in when it was aborted or ended.  (In other words there is no default state on abort.)

This is why a good preamble that sets up the proper machine state is so important. Unexpected offsets, and even canned cycles could still be active, and should be canceled or reset by the new file's preamble. Why are people so resistant to using a proper preamble.in their g-code?  This isn't just a Linuxcnc thing most industrial cnc controls behave the same.

More
07 Jun 2022 15:44 #244727 by andypugh

AFAIK, The default state is what ever state your former running g-code left it in when it was aborted or ended.  (In other words there is no default state on abort.)

M2 / M30 change some state, but I think that abort just stops, leaving most state as it was. 

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/2.8/sr...task/emctask.cc#L181
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/2.8/sr...sk/taskintf.cc#L1744
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/2.8/sr...sk/taskintf.cc#L1292

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds