Modify qtplasmac to support multiple output codes

More
06 Jun 2023 01:58 #272996 by santy
the machine i am retrofitting features an automatic igniter. i haven't yet tested it electronically but it has its own valve of gas and a module to emit a small arc.

why couldn't i use a floating head to probe it? i am using temperature-resistant limit switches.

my idea would be to use a few valves. one for high pressure, mid pressure and low pressure oxygen. then i would trigger them in the right 'sequence' by user parameters, but i wouldn't know how to do that except using timer relays. how could i do it within linuxcnc?

after all this sequence is done, my intention is to send an output that turns on the THC, during the cutting sequence, which seems to work as a step and direction override for the Z axis stepper motor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2023 04:53 #273135 by phillc54
There is some interesting info here:
www.pv-automation.com/en/application/pla...cnc-oxy-fuel-profile

I did figure out how to do manual Z touchoff which is selectable as a checkbox on the parameters page.

More
08 Jun 2023 18:34 #273206 by santy
Yes i got this idea from a chinese controller, where they are using multiple valves to get this setup with high/low and even mid pressures.

how do you suggest to get the low/high pressures for each oxygen pipe? i already have plenty 24v on/off valves, so i basically need 5 manual pressure regulators and a few timer relays and i can get this done!

More
08 Jun 2023 20:45 #273215 by santy
Also, the control the height is done with a Z axis stepper with gearbox.

The heights for pierce could be done with the use of a negative “puddle height”, lower than the cutting height???!

I could turn torch on at 50mm high, descend to -80% puddle height, and then “apply a new puddle height” of 30% before going into the cutting height...

Or maybe just taking care of Z with the post processor all together. But I mustn’t use qtplasmac then

More
09 Jun 2023 07:59 #273230 by fupeama
Hi,here is a very nice description of the setup procedure for oxy fuel.

Martin
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds