Possible bug?

More
31 Oct 2010 19:17 #4992 by 2e0poz
Replied by 2e0poz on topic Re:Possible bug?
Andy

I am not able to test that out at the moment but seriously i do not tell it to add those statements. It would be worth having a go yourself as this would help with another experience from somebody else. DXFtoGcode runs from Python scripts so no install required. GCNCCAM needs to be installed. there is nothing that gets saved to EMC from either just NC code to be opened in EMC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2010 19:30 #4993 by 2e0poz
Just to be clear when i said i do not add the compensation manually to the code. In the application you select left, right or centre. or outside, inside or middle on the other app.

More
31 Oct 2010 19:34 #4994 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Possible bug?
I looked at your dxf file and you have some 5mm circles and I assume your trying to make holes from them with a 4.5mm tool. DXF2gcode generates an entrance move that is perpendicular to the arc and with so little difference between the hole size and the tool you can't make that move with cutter comp on. I deleted all but one 5mm hole to see what the comp move was after commenting out the G42 line you can see it. Free software is not clever enough to do such tight work and follow the constraints of an operating systems tool compensation system.

Deleting the 5mm holes I was able to come with a workable program in a few minutes with DXF2gcode by fiddling with the Start Radius setting.

John

More
31 Oct 2010 19:37 #4995 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:Possible bug?
Did you try looking at the active G-Codes window on the MDI tab when you first create a new machine profile and then look to see what active codes have been added or changed after the first run?

Rick G

More
31 Oct 2010 19:50 #4997 by 2e0poz
John

After reading your reply about the tool number on the other post and what your saying here sounds like the answer. Rick no that is something I've not looked at.

If i was to use GCNCCAM then i would need to make that layer the last and do a tool change and maybe select centre and just drill it. This i will try tomorrow (it's 8:00pm here and neighbours complain about the noise). A v:blink:

More
31 Oct 2010 20:40 #4999 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Possible bug?
2e0poz wrote:

Just to be clear when i said i do not add the compensation manually to the code. In the application you select left, right or centre. or outside, inside or middle on the other app.

Which options are you selecting? I would expect the correct sequence to be centre in the first app, then the correct side in the second. If you select an offset in both then you are likely to get a double offset, and curves too tight for the cutter.

To sort this out, how big is the first hole meant to be? And what does the G-code look like up-to and including the first G2 or G3 move?

More
31 Oct 2010 21:26 #5000 by 2e0poz
Andy i am only using one or the other not both at the same time, the end result was the same which ever i used. I think John hit it on the nail with the fact the software is not clever enough to flag there is not enough room for a lead in with the size cutter i was asking it to use. For the small holes i told it cut right where it would be better to do a tool change and cut centre with a 5mm bit to match the holes.

More
02 Nov 2010 16:26 #5039 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Possible bug?
2e0poz wrote:

Andy i am only using one or the other not both at the same time, the end result was the same which ever i used. I think John hit it on the nail with the fact the software is not clever enough to flag there is not enough room for a lead in with the size cutter i was asking it to use. For the small holes i told it cut right where it would be better to do a tool change and cut centre with a 5mm bit to match the holes.

Spiralling down is perfectly legitimate, but it probably makes sense not to try to do it with G42 active.

Incidentally, your hole pattern is a really good example of some code that could be efficiently hand-coded using the loop / sub conditional codes in the EMC2 version of G-Code.

Have a look at this section of the docs , if you are interested.
www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html//gcode_main.html#cha:O-Codes

More
02 Nov 2010 17:30 #5042 by 2e0poz
Thanks Andy that was very useful.

More
02 Nov 2010 17:52 #5043 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Possible bug?
Another useful tool is the Counterbore Simple G Code Generator.

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?Sim...Counterbore_Software

John

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds