cutter comp lead in and lead out

More
16 Dec 2010 22:56 #6080 by Calvino
Ok I am wondering how to write lead in's and lead out's for the software. I am used to writing the code for HAAS machines and imputing cutter comp in the offsets page. Anyone got some simple samples for me, that's be great! Also where does the diameter of the cutter go?

Calvin B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2010 23:21 #6082 by andypugh
The diameter goes in the tool table.

Lead in and lead out is a bit more tricky, but is in some ways a problem for your CAM system.

If you are hand-coding then just start more than a cutter diameter away from the surface when changing handedness or enabling or disabling comp.
(From imperfect memory)

More
16 Dec 2010 23:24 #6083 by Calvino
Ok thanks, I have only done hand coding before so yeah. I think with a little paying around I could get it to work how I want it to. I tend to sometimes engage cutter comp above the part and then i feed into it, works sometimes when you don't want a visible lead in/lead out mark :P

More
17 Dec 2010 18:14 #6099 by BigJohnT

More
17 Dec 2010 18:23 #6100 by Calvino
REAL good info, man thanks a ton! beats the info from the Sherline thing, makes my life a lot easier programing. I am still in a tossup between EMC2 or Mach 3 (computer runs on Linux, came from Sherline so...) other than that its really nice for getting the job done for the price :woohoo:

More
17 Dec 2010 18:29 #6101 by BigJohnT
What version are you running? The latest is 2.4.6

John

More
17 Dec 2010 18:33 #6102 by Calvino
Not entirely sure, ill have to go back later and check about it. I recently had surgery so I haven't been able to get up much to work on milling stuff...

Still confused on the whole AXIS g-code/image stuff :unsure:

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds