Some bugs in AXIS

More
10 Nov 2009 03:21 #1103 by Zig
Some bugs in AXIS was created by Zig
I use axis exclusively while EMCing.

I have observed a couple of what might be deemed bugs which should not be misconstrued for lack of gratitude.

1) While cleaning up some old G code files i use the axis back plot to actually identify the job( a well ordered mind is a sick mind).

During the couse of clean up session i would inspect the backplot and if no longer needed i'd deledte the file on the second screen of Ubuntu.

I noted that while the file would be deleted when returning to EMC software and loading a fresh file the deleted file name would still be present in the file select window in EMC.

Quitting EMC and starting it again would eliminate echoes of deleted files.

2) Advisory pop up windos eg. tool change advisory windows do not have the attribute of being ALWAYS ON TOP. This can be a bit confusing since EMC waits for these pop ups to be closed before it will proceed further and there is no flag to say popu located beneath main screen.

My PLEA to Big John ( the man who intercedes before the gods ), John please pass this onto the people who knowwhat to do with it ( in a nice sort of a way).

Zig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2009 12:08 - 10 Nov 2009 12:43 #1104 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Some bugs in AXIS
Zig,

You give me way too much credit...

What version are you running?

While some of the developers do read the forum the proper place to report a suspected bug is on Sourceforge. This way all of the developers get a copy of the report and if one feels motivated to work on it they can.

sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=6744&atid=106744

I just opened a file with EMC 2.3.4 then deleted it then went to open another one and the deleted file was not there...

I did a little searching and the tool popup is written in TCL and I did a little googling and there doesn't seem to be a setting for making the window stay on top...

Also, in Axis now it does not wait for the popup window to be closed before focus can be retured to the main Axis window.

John
Last edit: 10 Nov 2009 12:43 by BigJohnT. Reason: more info

More
10 Nov 2009 21:55 #1106 by Zig
Replied by Zig on topic Re:Some bugs in AXIS
John,

Thanks for the response.

I too am using 2.3.4.

Just posted the "always on top" on sourceforge.

Zig

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds