Image-to-gcode python issues

More
12 Dec 2009 02:44 #1304 by fritzgutten
Greetings, not sure if this is the proper place to post about this part of emc, or even if i should be posting about it to the emc forums.
I've been using emc2 for a couple of years now and recently have been trying to use the image-to-gcode program to create a project.
My issue is that there appears to be an issue with python? and i get an error :
fred@cnc1:~/Desktop$ image-to-gcode Alison01.jpg > Alison0102.ngc
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/image-to-gcode", line 818, in ?
main()
File "/usr/bin/image-to-gcode", line 780, in main
nim1[tw:tw+w, th:th+w] = nim
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numarray/generic.py", line 618, in _broadcast
return _broadcast(arr, self._shape)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numarray/generic.py", line 93, in _broadcast
raise ValueError("Arrays have incompatible shapes")
ValueError: Arrays have incompatible shapes

is there any solution to this issue? i'm a bit lost, i've tried installing the latest version of emc on 8.04 ubuntu as well as upgrading emc on 6.04 and the issue persists. oddly enough, running on the live cd there seems to be no issues.
thanks for any pointers you can give.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2009 01:47 #1306 by fritzgutten
well, i've gone through a bunch of testing, seeing as how image-to-gcode seemed to run just fine off the live cd.
after multiple installs I've "discovered" that i can get it to run if i do a fresh install and disable/or just dont update the distro. i also have to avoid using the ...hmmm, extent image border? feature, this was throwing a similar error, with different error lines listed.
anyhow, thanks for looking. if anyone has further insight, i'd appreciate it.

More
11 Nov 2010 07:50 #5210 by KenC
I using 8.04LTS Live disc installation & facing the same problem too. Identical Error massage to the dot.
Had the [Filter] lines in my .ini
Tried reinstall & disable update but still show the same error massage.
Just wonder if this is a hardware compatible issue or is there something to do with configuration...

More
11 Nov 2010 12:52 #5228 by BigJohnT
Do you have a link to the one your trying to use I'll check it out.

John

More
15 Nov 2010 00:55 #5306 by KenC
Hi john,
I don't understand what link you are refering to, please direct me to show it to you, I'm total idiot when it comes to matters like these.

More
15 Nov 2010 12:41 #5317 by BigJohnT
I just did a search for "image to gcode" and came up with a few... then searching the manual I found that it is included with EMC. I'll try and run it here and see what I get.

John

More
15 Nov 2010 13:07 #5320 by BigJohnT
I have 10.04 installed and the Axis Sim is set up to run Image-to-gcode so I tried that. I had to set the pixels to 10 for the image I had loaded for it to complete.

Have you tried it with the Axis Sim or is this a Step Conif generated configuration?

John

More
16 Nov 2010 07:51 #5328 by KenC
Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds