Axis Touchscreen

More
11 Jan 2012 04:51 - 11 Jan 2012 04:52 #16562 by KPA
Axis Touchscreen was created by KPA
Hi all,
There's lot of activity going on the in GUI space these days, nice to see. One thing I've been tinkering with is modifying Axis for Touchscreen use. Not sure if there's much interest in this, but it suites my needs. It's a work in progress. I started with just making new icons and showing it (in another thread), but thought better and dove into the axis.tcl

Not sure if this is something that others would be interested in, and if it should be brought up for inclusion in the repository as some sort of Axis variant.

Jay
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jan 2012 04:52 by KPA. Reason: Clean up formatting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2012 07:52 #16569 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic Re:Axis Touchscreen
sure , all Screens whatever the style or type are welcome and encouraged .
the best way is to post your filechanges as a tar.gz file

More
11 Jan 2012 08:04 #16570 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Re:Axis Touchscreen
Would you be willing to post your Icon files with a free license so they could be incorporated freely?
I particularly like the coolant icon.

More
11 Jan 2012 11:43 #16581 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Axis Touchscreen
Nice screen, one thing I find myself wanting from time to time is an override reset button. I can never get the sliders back to exactly 100%

John

More
12 Jan 2012 03:58 #16634 by KPA
Replied by KPA on topic Re:Axis Touchscreen
cmorley wrote:

Would you be willing to post your Icon files with a free license so they could be incorporated freely?
I particularly like the coolant icon.

Sure thing, not sure what formal requirement there is to state they are freely available, other than stating "Use of these icons is freely available"

Some of them are still a work in progress. I will likely update the turtle, rabbit, and brake icons to jazz them up a bit. I'm also creating a spindle icon for touch-off.

I've also included the GIMP files of some that I'm working on. The CW and CCW icons were donated by Rudy du Preez as he made a complete set of large versions of the original icons.

Anyone please feel free to update them and use them as you like!

BigJohnT wrote:

Nice screen, one thing I find myself wanting from time to time is an override reset button. I can never get the sliders back to exactly 100%

I believe there is a keyboard shortcut that takes you to 100%. That should make it easy to create a button or label for it. My personal preference is to put all of those sliders (especially feed override) onto physical dials - either rheostat or positional - and just use the sliders as a visual indicator, haven't got that far yet.

I'll continue to post as I progress.

Jay

File Attachment:

File Name: icons.gz
File Size:61 KB
Attachments:

More
12 Jan 2012 13:05 #16654 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Axis Touchscreen
Yep, there are keys for the feed override but none for spindle override that I can find. Good to know that 0 sets feed override to 100%

John

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds