Re-running a G code program in Axis?

More
17 Jan 2012 03:34 - 17 Jan 2012 05:33 #16834 by centaur
Hi Folks - I have just waded through all the threads on the GUI topic without finding what I was looking for. I have what is probably a stupidly basic question. I am new to EMC2 and looking at the User Manual on page 14, 4.2.1 there are 8 steps listed for a 'typical' session with Axis. Step 8 indicates that to run the same file again one needs to begin again at step 6. Step 6 sets what I assume are the fixture offsets such as G54... etc. Once the offsets are set it would be normal to simply run the same program over and over by using the equivalent to 'cycle start' and the fixture offsets would not need to be reset each time. I also looked at the TkEMC GUI and it says essentially the same thing (pg 34, 6.2.1). Surely one does not have to reset the offsets every time you re-run the same file?? What am I missing?
Thanx
Last edit: 17 Jan 2012 05:33 by centaur.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2012 08:55 #16836 by cncbasher
no need to reset , just restart the job
so long as nothing has changed in the setup , tools etc

More
17 Jan 2012 08:56 #16837 by Rick G
Hello,

If you are going to run the same program in the same spot you do not need to do anything, I just rewind and go.
Say you load your parts in the exact same place on the vise each time.

What that is speaking of is if you have a large piece of stock and would like to run the same program (small part) in several different locations you can run one then jog to a new location touch off and run the program again.
Or if you do not exactly load the second part in exactly the same position and need to set it's position.

Rick G

More
17 Jan 2012 14:44 #16848 by centaur
Thanks both of you for the reply - makes sense. I wonder how fixture offsets (G54, G55...etc.) are handled? Normally these are stored somewhere and called in the program. I will look deeper into the manuals.

More
More
17 Jan 2012 18:20 #16856 by centaur
SOLVED - thanks again - the manual tells all.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds