Axis Stops Processing GCode - Not Sure Why

More
08 Feb 2010 18:31 #1818 by Highlander01
I am test running axis with motors movinf and no material and it stops during the middle of a run. When it gets thru around 1005 lines of the Cut2D VCarve GCode I have it stops and goes no further. One time it stopped around 600 and a different time it stopped around 1200. I am not getting any fault msgs either. The file I am running is about 2400 lines.

After it has stopped and hung up I hit the play button or pause button and it goes back to the beginning of the file.

Anyone see this before?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2010 19:16 #1819 by acemi
Hi Highlander01,

Is there any link between a parallel port pin and halui.program.stop, motion.enable or something like that in your HAL file?

More
09 Feb 2010 04:56 #1832 by digidocs
I'm having a similar issue where Axis just stops somewhere around 1K lines into a 20K+ line file.

I don't think its a hardware issue because I'm running the the 9 axis simulator... ;)

I'm currently re-running the job with the TkEMC GUI. So far so good there.

Hope we can sort this out...
-DC

More
09 Feb 2010 05:37 #1833 by digidocs
As an update to my previous post, I was able to mill my problem file with TkEMC. I guess that confirms that this is an issue somehow connected with AXIS.

-DC

More
11 Feb 2010 17:55 - 11 Feb 2010 17:55 #1866 by robh
hi
which version of emc are you running and whats the pc specs might be useful for devs if there is a problem

i am running 2.3.4
and have run programs with 259358 lines of code (~6mb file) with some 3D surfacing with no problems
i have run bigger files (file size and code lines) also with no problems.
all in the axis GUI
my system specs are
2GB system ram
2.2GHz intel CPU

rob
Last edit: 11 Feb 2010 17:55 by robh.

More
13 Feb 2010 20:58 #1882 by Highlander01
I tried tkEMC, I still have the same problem right around the 1006 line of code. It is trial version of Vcarve I am testing. Maybe it has something hidden in it. I do not think so though. I am going to check a few of the other suggestions.

More
14 Feb 2010 16:22 #1897 by Highlander01
I purchased Vectric VCarve 2D and generated a new similar file and now I have no problems. I can now run a 3800 line file and it does not stop. I am still not sure what was wrong with the first file I ran. Maybe I was running outside of limits or something and axis was not telling me. Not sure.

More
14 Feb 2010 17:19 #1898 by robh
im glad to hear you got sorted out.

if you still stumped then if you dont mind sharing the code file putting it on pastebin.ca or so and linking to it for others to test it out see where issue lied for you.

rob

More
18 Feb 2010 09:57 - 18 Feb 2010 10:06 #1955 by tedani
digidocs wrote:

I'm having a similar issue where Axis just stops somewhere around 1K lines into a 20K+ line file.

I don't think its a hardware issue because I'm running the the 9 axis simulator... ;)

I'm currently re-running the job with the TkEMC GUI. So far so good there.

Hope we can sort this out...
-DC

Did you start your G-code by pressing "Execute next line" button? Check the following post to see if there is any similarity:

www.linuxcnc.org/component/option,com_ku...,0/lang,english/#438
Last edit: 18 Feb 2010 10:06 by tedani. Reason: To add reference to an old post

More
21 Feb 2010 05:53 #1971 by Highlander01
Yes, out of habit I hit the next line and then after a few lines I then stop doing that and let it run.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds