Submillimeter view accuracy in the AXIS screen

More
09 May 2009 08:08 #221 by Iselman
the red - and white colored milling path curves are shifted too much from each other, when looked at in perspective mode. When looking at top Z mode they coincide totally. How small objects and their milling path curves we can watch accurately on the AXIS screen?.

any suggestions!

Arto Kyyhkynen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2009 10:33 #222 by alex_joni
Iselman wrote:

the red - and white colored milling path curves are shifted too much from each other,

The difference you are seeing is because AXIS uses commanded position to draw the white lines, and feedback position for the red lines.
The feedback only coincides with the commanded position on an ideal system/machine, but since you have a certain step size, etc it won't be able to go to the exact location needed (especially at submillimiter precision).
If you want a very accurate display, then you can just delete the red lines, and leave only the white. Or change AXIS to use commanded position for the feedback aswell. Maybe if you can say what your goal is, we can come up with a better suggestion.

Regards,
Alex

More
16 May 2009 07:50 #274 by Iselman
Thanks!:)

I have to check is this difference caused by the step resolution, my Isel C101 machine is in half step mode.

Arto!

More
16 May 2009 14:13 - 16 May 2009 14:59 #275 by BigJohnT
Also, there is a bit of info is here on path following:

www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html//common_User_Concepts.html#r1_1

Seems like I misunderstood the question.

AXIS draws the backplot very slightly "above" the preview lines so it "covers" them. In perspective, the viewer is not really "above" the preview anymore so it doesn't quite look perfect. It's harmless.

if you need an exactly perfect preview-vs-backplot, you have to look at one of the orthographic views.

John
Last edit: 16 May 2009 14:59 by BigJohnT. Reason: and more info

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds