AXIS tool path colouration

More
15 Dec 2012 12:23 #27753 by Zig
One of the nice features of Axis is the assignment of colour to the already traversed tool paths.

Unfortunately ( at least it is so on my machine) the colour is lost as new paths are traversed.

How to and what to modify to ensure the colour is retained for the life of the milling task?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2012 17:38 #27756 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic AXIS tool path colouration
Hi

This information used to appear under the image2gcode section of the User Manual, but now seems to have been removed

The files refered to are still there.

3.11.2 The X Resource Database
The colors of most elements of the AXIS user interface can be customized through the X Resource
Database. The sample file axis_light_background changes the colors of the backplot window to a
"dark lines on white background" scheme, and also serves as a reference for the configurable items
in the display area. The sample file axis_big_dro changes the position readout to a larger size
font. To use these files:
xrdb -merge /usr/share/doc/emc2/axis_light_background
xrdb -merge /usr/share/doc/emc2/axis_big_dro
For information about the other items which can be configured in Tk applications, see the Tk
manpages.
Because modern desktop environments automatically make some settings in the X Resource Database
that adversely affect AXIS, by default these settings are ignored. To make the X Resource Database
items override AXIS defaults, include the following line in your X Resources:
*Axis*optionLevel: widgetDefault
this causes the built-in options to be created at the option level “widgetDefault”, so that X Resources
(which are level “userDefault”) can override them.

That will help you change colours to ones that stand out better for you.

I find that traces left from previously traversed paths are often a distraction rather than a help and clear them quite often. Each to their own.

regards

More
15 Dec 2012 19:57 - 15 Dec 2012 20:01 #27761 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic AXIS tool path colouration

Hi

This information used to appear under the image2gcode section of the User Manual, but now seems to have been removed

The files referred to are still there.

I looked back at the 2.4 docs and don't see that text in the image 2 g code. It doesn't make much sense to have that in the image 2 g code file, makes more sense to be in the Axis doc. I wondered what those files were.

A quick grep and sure enough it is in the Axis docs. Dang link colors don't stand out for me the link is HERE

John
Last edit: 15 Dec 2012 20:01 by BigJohnT.

More
15 Dec 2012 20:07 #27762 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic AXIS tool path colouration

I looked back at the 2.4 docs and don't see that text in the image 2 g code

When I did a search it came up under image2gcode in the 2.3 docs, I didn't check the newer docs beyond looking in the same location :whistle:

More
15 Dec 2012 20:16 #27764 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic AXIS tool path colouration

I looked back at the 2.4 docs and don't see that text in the image 2 g code

When I did a search it came up under image2gcode in the 2.3 docs, I didn't check the newer docs beyond looking in the same location :whistle:

I did a huge amount of organizing back then when the same info was in both the Integrators and the Users manuals and I never could remember where I read anything.

John

More
17 Dec 2012 06:09 #27791 by Zig
Replied by Zig on topic AXIS tool path colouration
ArcEye, Big John,
thank You for Your effort and comments.

I am happy with the current colour scheme but would prefer not to loose the traversed path information as the job progresses.

I'll have a look through the suggested information.

Thank You

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds