Having problems loading files

More
07 Feb 2013 12:29 - 07 Feb 2013 13:44 #29751 by ericg
Hi Folks, I am almost complete building a basic cnc machine, still lots to do yet, home switches, limit switches, decent tools etc, but I am about ready to try a small simple test, BUT, when I load a simple .ngc file made via librecad and dxf2gcode I am only seeing the startup linuxcnc logo on axis and not the .ngc file I loaded (but it does say the correct file is loaded on the top info bar.

any help appreciated as I am flying blind here, maybe a fresh reinstall but I'd rather not.

edit1:
I have been playing around and linuxcnc seems OK, I have a zero radius error message coming up when I try to load the file I want, and I have no idea where that would be, but this error message seems to make linuxcnc retain the last good image, not just the start up image.

where would I look for a zero radius error????

Edit2:

found the problem, I must write 1000 times, 'be more careful with drawing dxf files', I zoomed into my dxf file and found tiny breaks between a couple of lines and arcs, fixed them and now it seems OK, I've now got to get a grip on the stepconf axis setups
Last edit: 07 Feb 2013 13:44 by ericg. Reason: found more info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2013 20:37 #29761 by BigJohnT
Sounds like your making progress...

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds