MPG in the MDI window

More
07 Apr 2020 23:37 - 07 Apr 2020 23:37 #163121 by mooser
MPG in the MDI window was created by mooser
Now that I've been using linuxCNC for a little, mainly doing semi-manual operations, I've got new questions

I understand the reasoning (at least I think I do) for not having it but is it possible to have the jog (either by key or by MPG) active while in the MDI tab?

M
Last edit: 07 Apr 2020 23:37 by mooser.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2020 00:00 #163128 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic MPG in the MDI window
AXIS (and every other) screen puts linuxcnc into MDI mode when you call an MDI command. To use the MPG you would need to put linuxcnc back into manual mode. This is programmatically possible but there is not an easy way to do this as a user.

Chris

More
08 Apr 2020 00:21 #163133 by mooser
Replied by mooser on topic MPG in the MDI window
That's too bad
Many years of being able to type in single commands an use the keys/mpg without switching has made me spoiled
I'll get used to it
Thanks
M

More
08 Apr 2020 00:26 #163134 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic MPG in the MDI window
Thinkiing a little more...What you could do if you really wanted that behaivor is build a gladevcp panel with a MDI edit line. With gladevcp you can use python to modify the behavior. you need it to record the current mode, switch to mdi, wait for the command to finish and then switch back to the recorded mode.

There may be more details to do it (and of course you need to learn about gladevcp and python programming) but it should be possible.

Chris

More
08 Apr 2020 08:53 #163174 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic MPG in the MDI window

AXIS (and every other) screen puts linuxcnc into MDI mode when you call an MDI command. To use the MPG you would need to put linuxcnc back into manual mode. This is programmatically possible but there is not an easy way to do this as a user.

Chris

I did this with my manual MPG. It had a yellow button on it that has to be depressed for the MPG to work as a safety mechanism. This button had its own relay so I used it to always select the correct mode. And yes Gmocappy switches to the jogging tab. It was really annoying before I did this as I had to go to the console and put it in the right mode...
# --- PENDANT SELECT JOG MODE (Yellow Button)---
net pendant-jog <=  hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-30
net pendant-jog => halui.mode.teleop 
The following user(s) said Thank You: cmorley, Clive S, clunc

More
08 Apr 2020 23:44 #163254 by mooser
Replied by mooser on topic MPG in the MDI window
My MPG has the green button on the side that I have to press to use. I was going to open it up and bypass it but maybe this is a better use. I don't think it has a separate relay though
Something I'll have to look at as it would be handy
Thanks
M

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds