Grids with really wide axis range

More
23 Jul 2020 03:14 #175457 by Nico2017
Hi all,
just a post to comment on something I noticed in case someone encounters the same thing.

During the development of a XYZ gantry machine, I did not noticed it initially but I realized down the line that the Grid and the X and Y axis limit (displayed in dashed red) were not displayed anymore into the Axis preview, even in my Z orthogonal top view.

I thought that the issue was coming from the GRIDS = in the [DISPLAY] section in the ini file. Actually the issue was the fact that in the ini file in my [AXIS_Z] section the MIN_LIMIT and MAX_LIMIT were set really high (-90000 to 90000 due to an initial scaling during the development). I believe the grid view gets affected by the depth of the back plane it is projected on associated to the min Z limit in my case. The red outline showing the maximum machine domain was also missing.

Putting back MIN_LIMIT and MAX_LIMIT to smaller values solved the issue and I can see again my grid and the machine limits which is really useful.

I hope this could help someone one day facing the same issue.

Nicolas
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2020 11:48 #175525 by tommylight
Thanks for reporting that, i never noticed that since mostly i use +300 to -300mm for Z axis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds