Tool description on pop-up manualtoolchange

More
05 Jan 2021 23:09 #194174 by FedX
Hi,

does anybody added the description of the tool table to the prompt window of hal_manualtoolchange?

i can see that hal_manualtoolchange has a function do_change(n) where n is the toolnumber. Where does this function gets called, and is it possible to add the description written in the tool_table?

I use probe_basic, but it uses the same pop up like axis.

br
Dominik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2021 23:53 #194307 by BigJohnT
I just rolled my own tool change with Mill Touch 6. github.com/jethornton/mill_touch_v6

JT

More
07 Jan 2021 18:42 - 07 Jan 2021 21:35 #194389 by FedX
Hi,

In your hal config files i don't see a hal component for the toolchange, only some pins connected directly to qtpyvcp hal components. So i guess its possible to create a custom pop up window when using M6 directly in QtPyVCP? Is there a description how i can trigger a pop up message in QtPyVCP, haven't seen it so far..

OK i guess i have to have a look at the dialog section right? But in the documentation is only described how i trigger a pop up with a special button, how can i use a hal pin as trigger?
Last edit: 07 Jan 2021 21:35 by FedX.

More
07 Jan 2021 23:47 #194437 by BigJohnT
I don't use a popup for tool change just a label and a button. You can put anything you want in the label. It's in the upper right corner next to the press when changed button

raw.githubusercontent.com/jethornton/mil...mill-touch-v6-01.png

JT

More
08 Jan 2021 01:36 #194453 by FedX
Ok now o understand your solution.

I would like to have the same tool change popup like gmocapy has. With tool number and description from tool table. Is there a way to use this instead of hal_manualtoolchange?

More
08 Jan 2021 15:30 #194502 by andypugh
hal_manualtoolchange only has access to the data that it gets from HAL, and that is just the tool number.

To display more information it would actually have to parse the tool table.

Which is, of course, do-able as it is a Python routine. I suspect that it doesn't because it's actually a rather old bit of code.

More
08 Jan 2021 19:15 #194527 by FedX
Hi,
Yes is know that the hal components only accept hal pins and variables.

Is there any documentation how the manual toolchange is solved with gmocapy? Because that's exactly what I'm looking for for Qtpyvcp.

More
08 Jan 2021 19:25 #194528 by andypugh
Yes, but hal_manualtoolchange (or equivalent) is just a simple python program that happens to be a HAL component. There is nothing stopping it looking at the file system to find more tool data.

It could easily get everything _except_ the description from the Python interface: linuxcnc.org/docs/2.6/html/common/python...ding_linuxcnc_status

More
08 Jan 2021 21:01 #194544 by alkabal
The following user(s) said Thank You: FedX

More
18 Mar 2021 09:17 - 19 Apr 2021 14:38 #202718 by Stormholt
A bit late to the party, but thought some of this might be useful to someone reading this thread.

I dont use the manual_toolchange, however have been greatly inspired in my solution. I run the code in an embed tab

File Attachment:

File Name: popup.txt
File Size:2 KB

Definitely not the best solution as it is alot of ctrl-c from the right places, but it gets the job done to my satisfaction

EDIT:
I dealt with consistency issues, turns out it was the frquency of my periodic method. can be fixed by either running more frequently like or as i have done by adding a the timedelay to my toolchange hal file
loadrt timedelay names=toolchange.timedelay
addf toolchange.timedelay servo-thread
setp toolchange.timedelay.on-delay  1.0
setp toolchange.timedelay.off-delay  0.1

net toolchange.tool-number                                  <=  iocontrol.0.tool-prep-number
net toolchange.tool-change-loopback                         <=  iocontrol.0.tool-change
net toolchange.tool-change-loopback                         =>  iocontrol.0.tool-changed
net toolchange.tool-prepare-loopback                        <=  iocontrol.0.tool-prepare    
net toolchange.tool-prepare-loopback                        => toolchange.timedelay.in
net toolchange.tool-prepared-delay toolchange.timedelay.out =>  iocontrol.0.tool-prepared   
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Apr 2021 14:38 by Stormholt. Reason: Fixed bug

Time to create page: 0.789 seconds