Axis Menu Icons - Flat and minimal (sometimes big)

More
03 Oct 2021 22:11 #222153 by cakeslob
I have to use windows at work, and those stupid flat minimalist icons are starting to grow on me slowly. Axis menu bar is kinda like the ribbon,and the buttons were alrerady pretty minimal with an aesthetic I like, so I though Id flatten them up a bit, since Im already here, I might as well embiggin them a bit too(just simple scale, nothing fancy)I changes a few buttons a little. There may be something like this already but I had something in mind I wanted to do.

Now I have a question,
How do I get the names under the buttons?
I thought that was an option but I cannot find it anywhere, and I though I saw a screen cap recently of someone else with it on but i dont know anymor... If its not an existing option its not a problem, usercommand will take care of that, but if its an option id rather use that. like "axis_big" or something

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
14 Oct 2021 01:01 #223055 by cakeslob
ok cool, I just thought maybe it was a setting or something .
Another question, what is this icon for "tool_verify"
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...ages/tool_verify.gif
I cannot find reference when I search the github

Attachments:

More
14 Oct 2021 16:46 #223096 by andypugh
I asked Jeff:

"It can safely be deleted.

It's possible to have task run the gcode interpreter in "verify" mode to find syntax errors. this was used by many of the older UIs. It's not as useful in AXIS because the errors should be detected during preview generation.

If the button did exist basically it would make task run through the whole part program as fast as possible, and report any errors (such as bad gcode syntax, soft limit exceeded, etc) to the UI"
The following user(s) said Thank You: cakeslob

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds