Accessing "Axis"

More
25 Nov 2010 06:20 #5599 by Calvino
Accessing "Axis" was created by Calvino
I got a Sherline CNC mill with the software yesterday and I saw that the AXIS software can do the image g-code plotting (:huh: ) BUT I can't seem to find where on earth it is located. Its slightly unclear where to get it from. Anyone know how to help, the software came loaded on the machine so it sounds like its somewhere in there. :unsure:

Thanks! Calvin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2010 11:28 #5601 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:Accessing "Axis"
Hello,

Just start emc then go to FILE then OPEN then select the file you want to filter such as a .jpg

Rick G

More
25 Nov 2010 12:44 #5603 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Accessing "Axis"
It sounds like perhaps your system comes with one of the other GUIs active?

look in your home folder for /emc/configs/ and then try to work out which config you are using. In that folder there will be an file with a .ini extension.
Near the top of the ini file is the [DISPLAY] section and that will contain an entry DISPLAY=
Make that say DISPLAY=axis and you should start using the Axis gui.

(I realise that this might well be the answer to a completely different question to the one you are asking)

More
25 Nov 2010 18:21 #5613 by Calvino
Replied by Calvino on topic Re:Accessing "Axis"
It may, ill try both methods, thanks B) Not to bash any sites but most don't really explain "how to get to it" so it should be figured out soon. :cheer:

More
25 Nov 2010 18:56 #5615 by Calvino
Replied by Calvino on topic Re:Accessing "Axis"
Ok turns out the issue was on my end. I found a sheet of paper that said how to get into AXIS and i was using the wrong directory to find it :laugh: Issues solved :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds