Recreate incremental jog

More
02 May 2013 20:47 #33526 by beltramidave
I would like to recreate(or something similar) the dropdown box used in axis for incremental/continuous jogging. I know the values for the increments are stored in the .ini file. How can I use these values in my pyvcp panel?

Currently I have created a radio button to signal continuous or incremental moves and used a spinbox to create a incremental value, but I do not have anything tied to a hal signal as I am unsure what to do. I would rather select from a dropdown like Axis does, but can't figure that out either.

Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2013 22:38 #33531 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Recreate incremental jog
A dropdown is not possible in PyVCP. You might look at tabs, I saw one interface that used tabs for incremental jogging.

John

More
02 May 2013 22:41 #33532 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Recreate incremental jog

.... I know the values for the increments are stored in the .ini file. How can I use these values in my pyvcp panel?

You can't.
pyVCP is just basically a virtual replacement for physical buttons, dials etc found on a control panel, not a GUI.

You would need to write some code to parse the .ini file ( which is what Axis does).
If you went along that route you would have to probably have to use gladeVCP .

Quite honestly you don't need to, it is easy to figure out what are useful increments and just use those.

I would rather select from a dropdown like Axis does, but can't figure that out either.

Again you would need gladeVCP.
There is no listbox or combobox widget in pyVCP. Axis uses tkinter widgets and pyVCP only has a small subset of them from the bwidget library.

Regards actual HAL connections, the halui pins are fine for fixing up auxiliary jogging.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/gui/halui.html

regards

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds