Accessing the probe, from a panel ( SOLVED )

More
01 Dec 2020 19:52 - 01 Dec 2020 20:02 #190790 by pgf
I can't believe I'm having so much trouble with this. Clearly it should work, since I see lots of other folks doing it with ease. An example is this post/thread from AskJerry: forum.linuxcnc.org/22-pyvcp/28572-monste...achine?start=0#53197

I have a working panel, which gives me status on the jog parameters from my USB gamepad. It works great

All I want to do is add an LED to the panel, which reflects the state of the probe input.

The probe works correctly, and if I open "HAL Configuration" in Axis and do a watch on "motion.probe-input", it turns on and off as it should. It also tells me that signal "probe-in" connects "motion.probe-input" and "parport.0.pin-13-in", as I expected.
Signals:
Type          Value     Name     (linked to)
bit           FALSE  probe-in
                         ==> motion.probe-input
                         <== parport.0.pin-13-in

But if I add
net probe-in pyvcp.probe-in
to my custompanel.hal, as I've seen others do, I get:
custom_postgui.hal:279: Pin 'pyvcp.probe-in' does not exist

What am I, or might I be, missing? I've searched the pyvcb source file, example files, documentation files, for any references to the probe and pyvcb, and have come up empty.

I'm running 2.7.14. Is that way too old?

paul
Last edit: 01 Dec 2020 20:02 by pgf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2020 19:57 #190791 by tommylight
Did you add it to xml file ?

More
01 Dec 2020 20:01 #190792 by pgf
Argh!!! I was about to say "yes", but I had some leftover testing code in the xml file, so it wasn't spelled right. I suspect I've had either typos, or other errors, in either the hal file or the xml file, all afternoon. Thank you. Once I get them in sync, it works fine. Sheesh.

Solved. Thanks.

paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
01 Dec 2020 21:14 #190798 by tommylight

Solved. Thanks.

Nice. :)

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds