Controlling lube pump & a second parallel post

More
03 Aug 2011 22:13 #12163 by BigJohnT
That is why I use Notepad++ to edit text files on my Wondoz machines...

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2011 07:49 #12170 by TarHeelTom
BigJohnT wrote:

That is why I use Notepad++ to edit text files on my Wondoz machines...

John

That's a new one to me. Thanks, John, just installed it.

Tom

More
04 Aug 2011 08:11 #12171 by TarHeelTom
This information was enough to get all three axes limiting and homing, after tracing down a few electrical glitches, and one configuration glitch. One of the angle tabs which hit the X limit switch was installed backwards, so it never hit the switch. The other tab is not currently installed. Need to dig through the junk boxes and find the tab.

Finally realized that both X and Y are moving backwards. Think that's just a matter of inverting the direction signal. It got too late to do any more tonight.

I think I MAY need "HOME_LATCH_DIRECTION", but can't find it in the documents, so don't know what it's argument is supposed to be.

Wish the documentation was available in html or in straight text. The pdf file is not searchable, and I miss my grep.

As part of the rehab, we removed the old computer cabinet on the Bridgeport and put the electrical cabinet in its place. Was unable to complete the homing on the Y axis, as the table now hits the electrical cabinet about 1" before reacing the home switch. So have to remount the electrical cabinet.

Also started working up a virtual control panel, with LEDs for the limit switches, and eventually for many other functions. Will make it easier to see the state of the etc type outputs, such as flood coolant, etc.

Thanks again for all the help, guys.

Tom

ArcEye wrote:

Hi Tom

What am I doing wrong?

Quite a bit I'm afraid :woohoo:

1) Your files were created with a word processor or windows editor, they have spurious ^M control characters all over them.
Use GEdit, windows uses different Carriage Return / Line Feed settings and word processors insert all sorts of formatting control charactors.
This is a problem waiting to happen but not your actual problem.

2) Your .ini file does not have any instructions as to how EMC is to home each axis, so it won't do it, even if it were possible (see 3)
Should have
HOME_LATCH_VEL
HOME_LATCH_DIRECTION (optional if different)
HOME_SEARCH_VEL
for each axis to be homed
Set the values very low to start and then tune them or you will crash into the home switches.

3) Your hal file has everything relating to limits commented out, except the last 2 lines, which create a signal which is not then connected to anything, so does nothing

#limit switches code by matt
#net lim1 axis.0.neg-lim-sw-in parport.1.pin-10-in
#net lim1 axis.0.pos-lim-sw-in parport.1.pin-10-in
#net lim1 axis.1.neg-lim-sw-in parport.1.pin-11-in
#net lim1 axis.1.pos-lim-sw-in parport.1.pin-11-in

#home & limit switches from stepconf
# net both-home-x <= parport.0.pin-11-in
# net both-home-y <= parport.0.pin-12-in
net min-z <= parport.1.pin-13-in
net max-home-z <= parport.1.pin-15-in

As an example, my mill has all the limits chained in series, but the procedure is the same.

Create the signals for limit and home switches in this case.
net all-limit <= parport.0.pin-13-in
net home-x <= parport.0.pin-10-in
net home-y <= parport.0.pin-11-in
net home-z <= parport.0.pin-12-in

Then for each axis attach the relevant hal pins to the signals you created
net all-limit => axis.0.neg-lim-sw-in
net all-limit => axis.0.pos-lim-sw-in
net home-x => axis.0.home-sw-in

4) I also note in your you have classic ladder loaded. I think stepconf is doing that automatically these days.
Unless you actually use it, comment out all references to it, just something else to load that you don't need.

Hopefully 2) and 3) will get you moving

regards

More
04 Aug 2011 09:24 #12172 by ArcEye
Hi

Glad you got running

Finally realized that both X and Y are moving backwards. Think that's just a matter of inverting the direction signal. It got too late to do any more tonight.

I suspect once this is corrected you will find it works properly as is.

HOME_LATCH_DIRECTION, it is relative to the search direction and only really caters for differing logic regards the home switch,
ie it can be set to latch moving OFF the switch or ON the switch

The key words are SAME and OPPOSITE, and are relative to the default homing behaviour which is towards the positive end of the axis.

Link to docs here
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/config_stepconf.html

regards

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds