Smoother transition

More
22 Mar 2010 04:33 #2405 by Timbob
Smoother transition was created by Timbob
Does anyone know of a way to get emc not to stop between each line of code. I need my machine to transition between lines a little smoother.
Thanks Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2010 10:00 #2406 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:Smoother transition
Tim,

Are you using G64 Continuous mode with optional path tolerance ?

Rick G

More
22 Mar 2010 12:51 #2410 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Smoother transition
You might want to read this short chapter in the User Manual.

www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html//common_User_Concepts.html

John

More
23 Mar 2010 04:33 #2421 by Timbob
Replied by Timbob on topic Re:Smoother transition
Thanks guys but I already tried that and it didn't seem to make much if any difference. I probably did something wrong Do I put G64in each line I want to blend instead of G1 or G0 or at the beginning of the prog, or before or after G1 / G0 ? I did it every way I could think of. Thanks for your help
Tim

More
23 Mar 2010 09:56 #2422 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:Smoother transition
Tim,

G64 needs only to be applied once and will remain in effect till changed. If it is in effect you should see it listed on your screen with the other active codes. Check to make sure it is there. You may also want to look at your acceleration. Acceleration, speed and line length all have an effect. Are you writing the code or using a program to create it? If you are starting with a CAD program and it contains a line composed of many small segments try combining the lines to one vector before converting.

Rick G

More
23 Mar 2010 10:50 #2423 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Smoother transition
By default EMC does not stop between lines so I don't think that is your problem. When you launch EMC with the Axis interface you can see before you run any code that the Active G Codes include G64. I think there is a general misunderstanding of what G64 does. G64 only smooths out the path in other words it will round up the corners to try and maintain speed. The Trajectory Planner will still not move faster than it can come to an exact stop by the end of the next move.

but for many moves, especially short ones, the specified feed rate is never reached at all. Having short moves in your G Code can cause your machine to slow down and speed up for the longer moves if the "naive cam detector" is not employed with G64 Pn.

John

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds