Halui.abort Pin

More
13 Feb 2014 00:16 #43806 by LAIR82
Halui.abort Pin was created by LAIR82
Hello All,

I was wondering, what all exactly does the halui.abort pin do?

It looks and sounds similar to a reset button, which normally does the following,

Reset Button. On most controls, this button usually serves three basic functions. First, while editing CNC programs, this key will return the cursor to the beginning of the program. Second, this key will clear the look-ahead buffer and stop execution of the program. This is required when it is determined that there is something wrong in the program and you wish to stop. However, it can be dangerous to press this key during a program's execution in other cases. If the program is executed immediately after the reset key is pressed, the control will have forgotten the commands in the look-ahead buffer. In effect, this will cause several commands to be skipped. The control will pick up and continue running, but severe problems could arise due to the missing commands. When in automatic operation, be careful with this key. Third, when in alarm state, this key will cancel the alarm once the problem has been solved.

Taken from
"www.mmsonline.com/articles/key-cnc-conce...perator39s-viewpoint"

I am just wondering, I have been getting questions from our operators about this if there is anyway of incorporating a "Data Reset" key into the control.

Thanks

Rick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2014 18:59 #43821 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Halui.abort Pin
Hi

I was wondering, what all exactly does the halui.abort pin do?

From halui.cc
static int sendAbort()
{
    EMC_TASK_ABORT task_abort_msg;

task_abort_msg.serial_number = ++emcCommandSerialNumber;
    emcCommandBuffer->write(task_abort_msg);
    return emcCommandWaitReceived(emcCommandSerialNumber);
}

Basic equivilent to pressing [Esc]

I agree there are unresolved issues with the way the controller works.

I was used to using M30, which meant 'rewind' and returned to the top of the g code waiting to start again.

If you use that in Linuxcnc, it is the same as M2 and removes cutter comp, reverts to G54 etc etc
The M2/M30 issue has been 'solved' in ngcgui by using % at start and end of the code, so that you can repeat the code without losing all your setting

You could also run from a line and the controller would go back through the code, start the spindle, set the feed and speed, check tool number, apply compensation if required etc before commencing a move.
This was on a controller with the computing power and memory of a 1970s computer, ie. next to none.

I am just wondering, I have been getting questions from our operators about this if there is anyway of incorporating a "Data Reset" key into the control.

Entirely depends upon what you want this button to do.

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds